Thread: Gretsch Renown's Go Back

User Info Menu

Default Gretsch Renown's Go Back

As some of you may know I had ordered a Gretsch Renown kit the first of Dec. The kit was a 6 piece in Autumn Burst. After being back ordered for about three weeks they arrived today. During my wait for this kit I began to have second thoughts about needing this kit. My Catalina Birch kit is one fantastic kit and I guess I’m just not ready to put those aside for the Renown’s. Well today they arrived and the 8 inch tom is Cherry Burst. To me this was the sign to send them back. They will ship back tomorrow. As for MF someone goofed and for me likely a good thing. My wife said the Red Cherry Lacquer of my Cats is just a better looking kit and I agree. I will say that the Autumn Burst does look better than the Cherry Burst though. As for the kit itself the drums were flawless in every way but when you have that gut feeling your not going to be happy you need to act on it. MF was great in doing the return. They said we can ship the right 8 inch tom but it was backordered for another 2 weeks or ship everything back no charge. That was my choice. Maybe another time ….
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

Do what your gut was telling you, it's usally the right choice.

User Info Menu

Go the Gretsch!! what snare are you using rritter? the Catalina Birch 14inch?
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

i would take it

User Info Menu

Autumn burst would look better. Not having as much red in it would make it look more natural and less loud.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters