Thread: zildjian armand series hi hats and ride

User Info Menu

Default zildjian armand series hi hats and ride

well first let me start by saying i hate the hats
    i love the ride
    the hats are extreamly defined, no wash what sovever but not shap enugh to cut or as sweet or light as id like there pritty much just stick definintion and vary clear stick definition witch if your into youll love these hats (laf these would probably strike a soft spot with you qiuck)
    the ride is soft and sweet with light overtones it sounds similar to the constatinople rides or the k costom light ride from zildjian. it rides over everything and is soft enugh for a slinky back beat but strong enugh for some decent rock. i love this ride. hope that helps anyone whos looking into them
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

So the hi-hat sounds like trash cans when being played open?

User Info Menu

a little better but close
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Default Re: zildjian armand series hi hats and ride

the ride is rude

i had to have one

User Info Menu

I have a 21' Armand Ride and I love it.
    SWEET sound.
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    So the hi-hat sounds like trash cans when being played open?
    Nooooooo! Lol, I love the hats! Very defined sound and when played open, they sizzle like a fine steak!! Granted, they do not cut, but rather blend in beautifully with the music (so they may not suit everyone). Love the rides, I have the 19 and 20" rides and I would LOVE to get the 21", heard nothing but excellent reviews of it! The crashes are great as well, fantastic sound, but they too blend more than cut, but they make all my other crashes sound like frying pans!
    Last edited by bigdumbmoose51; 09-03-2008 at 12:40 PM.
    Mapex Pro M Classic Plus
    Zildjian Armand Cymbals
    In the service of The King!

User Info Menu

If you wanna hear a sweet ride by Zildjian then check out the 21" A Zildjian Sweet Ride. It definitely earns it's name. KILLER bell and in it's own unique way it has the stick definition you'd associate with a heavier ride but a nice wash of undertones going as well. It's almost like you are playing two rides at once. By the way, while the wash is fairly strong when you're playing solo, it blends really well into the mix with a band and the definition shines through without being clangy or too pingy. Of course stick selection has alot to do with that as well.
    Last edited by mkennedy; 11-09-2008 at 08:41 AM.

User Info Menu

well if you hate the hats, i could take em off your hands
    -Steven

User Info Menu

Me too!

User Info Menu

Talk about a sweet sound I still using 21" zildjain ride that I purchased new in 1958 still sounds great . I,ve had manny offers to buy it, but I don,t know what would sound better. Now playing a Mapex pro 5piece in black chrome.

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Jack!! If you can post pics of your kit, head over to the "Show Us Your Drums" thread. We'd love to see 'em!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
    If you wanna hear a sweet ride by Zildjian then check out the 21" A Zildjian Sweet Ride. It definitely earns it's name. KILLER bell and in it's own unique way it has the stick definition you'd associate with a heavier ride but a nice wash of undertones going as well. It's almost like you are playing two rides at once. By the way, while the wash is fairly strong when you're playing solo, it blends really well into the mix with a band and the definition shines through without being clangy or too pingy. Of course stick selection has alot to do with that as well.
    I got one for Christmas and I absolutely loved it! Fantastic cymbal. Great crash qualities!
    Tama Starclassic Birch in Emerald Sea Fade 24x18, 13x10, 18x16
    Mapex Black Panther Phosphor Bronze 5.5x14
    Remo Coated Emperors (or Evans Clear EC2s) over Remo Coated Ambassadors
    Remo Coated Ambassador Over Hazy Diplomat Snare Side
    Dream Contact 14" Hi-Hats, Zildjian Avedis 21" Sweet Ride, Zildjian A Custom 18" Projection Crash, Wuhan 18" China
    Vic Firth 5As and 5Bs/Sound Percussion 5Bs and 2Bs

"Da head of the drum doesn't matter, it's da head of da drummer that matters most..." -Phrogge