Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Setup, check it out.

User Info Menu

Default New Setup, check it out.

Here is my new setup, I modeled it after my Favorite drummer Gavin Harrison, turns out it is incredibly comfortable to play, and looks cool, can't wait to get my 16" tom, I need more low end lol.

User Info Menu

it looks good. I love the 2toms+snare mickey mouse position too :D
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

looks nice and comfortable, did you move the cymbals at all?

User Info Menu

Thanks, I like it.

I changed them around a little, turns out Mr. Gavin and myself have similar tastes in how to setup our kits, we place our cymbals, dang near in the same place.

User Info Menu

Very nice, Kev, hope it works out.
    I like how you went from standard to minimalist to craving a big set lol. Personally, I feel like I have no freedom with just three toms, even after finding out how many possibilities there are behind only three. My dream set would have six toms and two differently tuned bass drums.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I've always been a fan of your kit. Though I'm wondering, how are you liking the DW 4000's?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I've always been a fan of your kit. Though I'm wondering, how are you liking the DW 4000's?
    Thanks, Actually that will be my next purchase, it does the job, but I really would like a new pedal, 5000 or the Iron Cobra.

User Info Menu

i like it alot
    if i may make one suggestion though?
    move your snare mic off to the 10 o'clock position
    its more prone to doing some not so fun things in that position
    especially if your toms move a little bit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Thanks, Actually that will be my next purchase, it does the job, but I really would like a new pedal, 5000 or the Iron Cobra.
    Why don't you just go all the way and get the 9000's? Nicest pedals in the world, dude. Replace the beaters on them and they are pristine.
    One question, did you replace the clutch on that PDP hi hat stand? I hate the stupid thing because it keeps falling loose lol.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kjbakke2 View Post
    i like it alot
    if i may make one suggestion though?
    move your snare mic off to the 10 o'clock position
    its more prone to doing some not so fun things in that position
    especially if your toms move a little bit
    Thanks,

Yea i got to figure something different with the snare mic, even at the 10 o'clock position it is in the way, so I am not sure what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Why don't you just go all the way and get the 9000's? Nicest pedals in the world, dude. Replace the beaters on them and they are pristine.
    One question, did you replace the clutch on that PDP hi hat stand? I hate the stupid thing because it keeps falling loose lol.
    9000 is to rich for my blood man, besides the 5000 is most preferred by the pro's.
    I have never had any issues with my clutch.

User Info Menu

first off what mic is it??

User Info Menu

Beauty of a set up Kevin!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

whats not to like? it is set up just like mine minus the 16" tom. the cymbal specs are a little different, but pretty much in the same places.

User Info Menu

funky i want to see a vid of you playing. theres all this hype with a beast set like yours it has got to be a good player

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kjbakke2 View Post
    first off what mic is it??
    It is a CAD mic.

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Beauty of a set up Kevin!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    whats not to like? it is set up just like mine minus the 16" tom. the cymbal specs are a little different, but pretty much in the same places.
    See good minds think alike lol, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    funky i want to see a vid of you playing. theres all this hype with a beast set like yours it has got to be a good player
    I second this, c'mon man lets see something.

User Info Menu

Very Nice!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    you should try a pearl eliminator great great pedal what i like is you can change the cams on it for four totaly different feels i got an eliminator and exchanged it for a dw 5000 and it was the worst mistake of my life

User Info Menu

lol at you guys!!! havnt you figured out by now, just because someone has a nice kit dont mean they are any good.

i'm pretty average, maybe a little above (i HAVE been playing for over 20 years). i'm really good at alot of things but not "great" at any. i really try to make my way on being an all around musician/drummer rather than a solo/chops kinda guy. the huge kit in that pic kinda gives the wrong idea. it was really just for the pics. i usually play a 7 or 4 pc. i dont really have any kind of solo stuff on video, but since i havnt posted anything....

ignore the singer on the first couple. he is the reason the guitar player and i left.

the first one (only part)...ted nugents stranglehold.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvRt2TlZ0B0

#2 RHCP, otherside (first time played live)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BeJx...eature=related

and the new trio doing hendrix, little wing...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuKrV...eature=related

User Info Menu

ive never realy been a fan of the look of three toms over a single bass but i think you could pull it off kev (the cymbals make up fot the lack of second bass lol)
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=funkymcstain;61710]
    ignore the singer on the first couple. he is the reason the guitar player and i left.
    [QUOTE]

i can see why the rest of the band was great though dude you guys did real nice on otherside
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

FUNKY

Nice man, I am kinda the same way, I feel I am a pretty average drummer for my time behind the kit, I am certainly NOT a solo drummer, I am a groove drummer, and I am just trying to be the best musician I can be.

I thing I also think is that you underestimate yourself, I think you have loads of talent, and I bet if you made a solo video, my jaw would drop to the floor, and the phrase "I'm not worthy" would come to mind.

User Info Menu

thnx guys. i'll get some better stuff on vid soon. i've been hesitant of showing that stuff around here, as it just isnt a very good example of me at my best. that is accually the first time ive ever posted my playing in a forum(just for you davie and kevin).

so back on topic....when you gettin that 16" kev?

User Info Menu

Nice kit !!
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    thnx guys. i'll get some better stuff on vid soon. i've been hesitant of showing that stuff around here, as it just isnt a very good example of me at my best. that is accually the first time ive ever posted my playing in a forum(just for you davie and kevin).

so back on topic....when you gettin that 16" kev?
    Dude, you are an excellent drummer, show your stuff man lol.

I will have my 16" when we get our income tax return, can't wait.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Pdplayer;61626]Here is my new setup, I modeled it after my Favorite drummer Gavin Harrison, turns out it is incredibly comfortable to play, and looks cool, can't wait to get my 16" tom, I need more low end lol.

Very cool! It looks really user friendly. That Gavin Harrison..is he unreal or what? I can't believe I'm seeing Porcupine Tree at nightclubs. They belong in bigger arenas. Absolutely awesome.
    I play Sonor Signature Series drums, Zildijian & Sabian cymbals.