Thread: Well I've Found A Nice Little Kit

User Info Menu

Default Well I've Found A Nice Little Kit

I'm thinking of buying a small Epiarch kit. I'll show you a few pictures, but I've got lots more.

$1600 USD not including shipping to Australia.

The specs are 22x18 Bass Drum, 16x14 Floor Tom and I will be getting two snare drums exactly the same except they are both dodgy and were going to be replaced before the owner decided on just buying a new kit. The money I'll give him will be used to buy his new kit. The two dodgy snares are 14x8 and are not included in the price, the owner just wants to get rid of them.

I've already put the order in for my Masterworks kit but I'd just thought that this could be a 'practice' kit of sorts. I may have the money for the kit, but I don't get the MW price taken away from my bank account until they've made the drums so I don't know if I'll have the money at all yet.

Anyway, what do you think about me buying this kit?

User Info Menu

Man, if I had put in my order for the Masterworks, I'd just stay with that. On the other hand, I do understand your fascination with this kit! That things beautiful!

Roger, if you have to think about when the money will be taken out of your account for the Masterworks kit, as a condition for considering this kit, I think I'd walk away - reluctantly, and sadly, but I'd walk away.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I see good Kit there....
    Nice model...

But I never heard of Epiarch before....
    Some info please....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by totti View Post
    I see good Kit there....
    Nice model...

But I never heard of Epiarch before....
    Some info please....
    http://www.epiarchdrums.com/

They've been known around the custom drum market for a while.

A little added info about the kit. From what I've heard these shells are not exactly the same but that's only because doing the finish which is snow flakes on clear acrylic is hard as Hell. The guy spent 2.3K on the kit, I believe it was probably that extra $300 just for the finish. I'm not selling the drums (so hopefully this won't count as selling on the forum) but if you're interested in the kit you can throw this guy a message http://www.myspace.com/tomsucksbigballs on MySpace (somewhat obvious) =).

User Info Menu

Im confused to exactly what your getting,in the pic is see a snare bass and floor tom aswell as many cymbals.if ur getting master works why would u want this?! personally i dont see the point in a practice kit as u would play ur best at gigs on a kit ur used to playing day-in day-out.Also ur missing hanging toms,which are pretty essential.maybe i mis read something or whatever but the way i see theres no need for this kit at all.

Fox
    Kit: Mapex QR: 12x9 and 13x10 rack toms,16x16 floor tom,22x16 bass and 14x5.5 snare.

Cymbals:paiste 101 14" hats,16" crash and 20" ride.Paiste 2002 18" medium crash

DW7000 double pedal

Favourite drummer: Chris Adler http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHl4I5E78Wg

Favourite band: Lamb of God

Favourite song: Now youve got something to die for- Lamb of god.

User Info Menu

Cool Well, I've Found a Nice Little Kit

Hey, Roger--

It sounds a little dodgy to me to buy a "practice" kit if you don't know when your Masterworks kit will be paid for. It's a nice-looking kit, but it's like you've placed an order for a Cadillac and say to yourself, "well I'll just buy this beat-up Chevy to drive until the Caddy's delivered." If you don't have enough money to afford both the Epiarch and the Masterworks, go with the better set. It'll be worth the wait...

I'm with PB on this one, mate...walk away--sadly and reluctantly--but walk away...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I think I will do something against my normal nature and not go with my boyish instincts and walk away from this beautiful kit.

User Info Menu

Good choice to walk away. Wouldnt you be better off saving the money for the masterworks or putting towards expansions to your up and coming master works?
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Run away from it...

Save your money. And if you have to get another kit, I'd suggest looking locally. It's gonna cost a fortune to ship anything, they could get damaged on the way and you'll probably have to pay more when they get to customs.

Roger, I don't understand how about a week ago you were talking about getting a kit with 2 bass drums and about 6 toms... and now you're looking at this. Is it just because they're pretty?

User Info Menu

i know of jesse and eiparc from the pearl forum and am familiar with this particular kits history. while i like alot of his work, i would not spend that kind of money on buying and shipping that kit.

User Info Menu

why would you buy such an expensive "practice set of sorts" when you are shelling out so much money on a masterworks

and dont mean to be negative but...ARE YOU CHEATING ON US??? PEARL DRUMMERS FORUM!??!?!??!?!??!?!?!?

haha jk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a small Epiarch kit. I'll show you a few pictures, but I've got lots more.

$1600 USD not including shipping to Australia.

The specs are 22x18 Bass Drum, 16x14 Floor Tom and I will be getting two snare drums exactly the same except they are both dodgy and were going to be replaced before the owner decided on just buying a new kit. The money I'll give him will be used to buy his new kit. The two dodgy snares are 14x8 and are not included in the price, the owner just wants to get rid of them.

I've already put the order in for my Masterworks kit but I'd just thought that this could be a 'practice' kit of sorts. I may have the money for the kit, but I don't get the MW price taken away from my bank account until they've made the drums so I don't know if I'll have the money at all yet.

Anyway, what do you think about me buying this kit?
    Dude that is a beautiful kit, and I heard those kits sound very nice, and that snare looks killer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    why would you buy such an expensive "practice set of sorts" when you are shelling out so much money on a masterworks

and dont mean to be negative but...ARE YOU CHEATING ON US??? PEARL DRUMMERS FORUM!??!?!??!?!??!?!?!?

haha jk
    It seems Funky and I are both cheating on you guys lol.

Holycow77, yes I like drums because they look nice no matter how small or large they are. I have a small yet nagging urge to own drums I find...attractive for lack of a better word.

User Info Menu

sorry guys, its more like cheating on them. i have been a member there for 4 years. but, i come here to talk to NICE people.

User Info Menu

Aw, we can't be mad at you anyway Funky!! We're just glad you're here!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

I agree with Funky, though I've only been there 1 year. The people over at PDF are quick to judge and are somewhat unforgiving, well compared to you guys.

User Info Menu

There's only one Drum Chat Roger! As you well know, since you're a part of the family!

User Info Menu

:O That would make an awesome little jazz kit!
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters