Thread: 2112!!

User Info Menu

Default 2112!!

I freaking love this song, it's immense, but I reckon with practice and a lot of perseverance every drummer on this board could get it down, including the worst drummer here! (yours truly!)

Anyway, I'm pleased to say I made quite a dent on the Overture section of the song today. I absolutely love the thundering tom sound on it and managed to get it down pretty quickly, except for sequencing the fill that finishes it together...I spent an hour on six seconds of music, I love it.

Well, what I'm trying to say is...I think everyone should learn this song! Well, maybe not all of it, it's pretty long...
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Cool 2112!!

Hey, mate--

For the few of us who don't know what 2112 is (like me ), could you put up a link to this tune?

Keep us posted on your progress!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Sure, 2112 is the title track of Rush's 1976 (?) or something breakthrough album, it's 20 or so minutes long and split up into 5 parts. So I can't really find it complete on youtube, but here are the first 2 parts (in my opinion the best ones as well) http://youtube.com/watch?v=eQtF85Y2YtA&feature=related
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

2112 is an awesome album. One of my favorites.

... and the meek shall inherit the earth...

Matt
    Matt G.
    Hitting my drums, like they owe me money!
    My Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/fatdog1969
    Vegas Drummers: http://www.myspace.com/vegasdrummers
    I Proudly Play:
    PAISTE
    SONOR
    EVANS
    SILVERFOX
    SNAREHORSE

User Info Menu

Whenever the questions is asked "what is the one album you can't do without" this is my answer. I have had 2112 in every format except reel to reel.
    If I ever meet any of the guys in Rush I am going to ask them "who resumed control".
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

My wife is a Priest of the Temple of Syrinx. Every time I tell her I want to get back into a band and start playing out she tells me to "forget about my silly whim" because "it doesn't fit the plan."
    I think "the plan" is to nag me to vacuum the living room until I agree to be turned into Soylent Green....(sigh).
    I play Sonor Signature Series drums, Zildijian & Sabian cymbals.

User Info Menu

I hear the same thing.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

I can't see or hear the number 2112 without a warm gushy feeling overwhelming me. But hey, next to zeppelin, it's the best band to ever touch instruments.... and dare I say... i think Peart may be my absolute favorite drummer... even beyond bonham.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

this isn't a question.........or an answer! Why the hell is it in this section of the forum?!?!?!?!
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?