Thread: Drumming gloves

User Info Menu

Default Drumming gloves

Recently I start getting blisters, acalice, and other odd things on my hands and my fingers, and my hands kind of hurt throughout the day. So i thought some leather drumming gloves would do the trick. So my question is where can I get some, preferably off-line.

User Info Menu

offline?.....dunno....i buy everything online...

User Info Menu

i keep forgetting to look for them i want a pair because i think they look cool. i've only gotten one blister. but my hands get sweaty but the main reason i want them is cuz I think they look cool

User Info Menu

You get blisters because of too much friction from the stick to your hands. Maybe your hands are rubbing on the stick too much.

Otherwise, you could just get some regular garden-working gloves. They work fine and won't give you blisters.

There are special gloves online that have a little hole to help keep the stick in your hand.

User Info Menu

I dont use em, xept we do have to wear gloves in marching band which is RETARDED because their slippery and i cant tell u how many times me and my friends have dropped our sticks when we're practicing. But we're trying to get our band teacher to let us get white ones with grips so no one can tell the difference. hopefully he'll let us.
    but w/e i just kinda got off subject...... sorry......... lol
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

HAHA that sucks were not allowed to use them (although i probably would anyways)
    R.I.P. Vic Firth Ralph Hardimon's you were my favorite

User Info Menu

I got a pair with some Zildjian cymbals I bought a long time ago. They're garbage. You can have 'em. I just can't feel the sticks well enough with gloves.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I never did understand guys that play with gloves. I think most of them just want to look cool. It doesn't help your playing.
    Drummer Chicks Rule

User Info Menu

well.. sometimes i does help if u have hands that swet alot or if you need a little extra grip..

But i do agree with you..mostly used for looks

SOME do say that it prevents blistering for playing...in my experience it does not and if anything it prevents ur hand from toughening up...so give ur hands hell in hope of it making ur hand stronger in the future.
    LucidDrummer212, Taking over the drumchat forums 1 post at a time...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drums drums drums
    I never did understand guys that play with gloves. I think most of them just want to look cool. It doesn't help your playing.
    Aren't those the same guys who wear driving gloves when behind the wheel of their Porshe?

User Info Menu

HAHAHAH

*hinds hands* >_> yea...those weird guys...

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

At guitar center they have some ahead gloves that are pretty nice

User Info Menu

yea..id invest in some..just for giggles

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

wen i drum 4 practice in the band i drum4 wepractice we play hard 4 a good 5 hours and my callouses wer off then i bleed and blister so gloves r great 4 those long practices

User Info Menu

hmm...maybe i need to get better gloves...when i used them i still blistered...from there at that standpoint its all about technique and stick handling

myspace.com/rdsspike345

User Info Menu

Lightbulb

I use to have blisters in my hands and all that stuff plus my hands are very sweaty so I use to drop my sticks alot … Until I thought of this great solution… I used tennis grip tape on my drum sticks!!!

It really felt great to play and more controllable. And yes they are comfortable and no more injures happened since then..

PS: I used the thick Grip tape which made of rubber and I think there is cotton layer on the other side which makes it more comfortable.

Here are some pictures... Its not that clear but i think it'll do.

I hope u like it... Have fun
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Just use hydrocortisone on your blisters. If you are gonna get gloves, just get a pair of baseball batting gloves. the cheap kind.
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

yeah i just got my first blister from drumming it sucked i still had to play in band and i had like no skin right where my hand meets stick but i`m ok now it`s healing i just like to whine and complain
    Oh tell me where your freedom lies
    The street are fields that never die.
    Deliver me from reasons why
    You`d rather cry
    I`d rather fly.

User Info Menu

same here...
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

I use Gloves,But not the full Gloves..Their like cut off where the nucles are...