Thread: Dungeons and Dragons

Shazane Guest

Default Dungeons and Dragons

Krysha brought it up as being superior to MTG. As much as I like MTG for what it is, I'll have to agree because it is superior to everything. So who else is involved with this greatest of RPGs?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

just kidding
    i have friends that are getting in thier 40s and still gather every sunday for D&D

User Info Menu

haha

User Info Menu

I havent had chance to play. But its a good game. I dont have a good enough computer or connection speed for any computer games :(
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

um... Stevo... Dungeons and Dragons isn't a computer game. It's an old fashioned RPG... in fact it's arguably THE game that spawned all of the computer RPG's that we have today.

Shazane, you just may be my new Drum Chat best friend. I'm down. In fact, I own the core rule books for every edition published so far... all the way back to old school 1970's plain old Dungeons and Dragons, before hard cover books, and before the "advanced" was tagged on to the name. My father was a DM, and my mother played... it's kindof funny that I married a non-roleplayer.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

well, there have been computer versions. i had the original comp game in 1988. its just not the same without a real DM.

User Info Menu

Amen to that funky... must have the DM. Perhaps I'm biased though... I'm a DM.

Shazane Guest

There's just no substitute for a good DM.

For lack of a time machine or being born earlier I've only played 3.5. I've never used a common class other than a cleric, I've experiemented with the options in my friend's Complete Warrior book.

Now I've been using psionics, and I'm using a Soulknife waiting to multiclass as Pyrokineticist (the coolest class ever... make everything burn, BURN!!!!)

User Info Menu

3.5 is a decent system. It still holds the problem innate with 3rd Ed though. Too much munchie. When I started playing dungeons and dragons, you had several choices for your character, none of which included half dragons, or dark paladins. Some things are just sacred man.... making uber powerful races, and classes available to newbies, is injustice to the system. Granted, it's cool to play oddball stuff like that, but I think it should be reserved for Epic level games, and veteran players. Shazane, you should hop on amazon and check out the second edition stuff. Second edition was a cleaner version, TSR was trying to dispell the bad rumors of the late eighties about d&d, but it was a much better system I think. I won't lie though, I play only 3 and 3.5 now due to the lack of availability in not only books, but oldschool players. I guess the only thing that matters is flexing those imagination muscles, and having fun.

User Info Menu

I played D&D for many years back in school. My buds and I would get together and play for an entire weekend every month. I quit playing quite a while ago, but I do still collect Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Dark Sun, Greyhawk, and Ravenloft books. Not quite the nerd I used to be....hehe.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Did you hear that they've made a Dragonlance movie... well... animated movie that is. Some great actors are doing the voice overs. Keifer Southerland is playing Raistlin. Nice stuff man. Glad to have so many fellow geeks in here!

Shazane Guest

Version 4 seems promising so far. I've heard a few things about it, like that Dragons will now be as overpowered as they should be: ridiculously

User Info Menu

Yeah, I'm excited about 4th ed. I think it'll be good. Fixes a lot of problems with 3rd I hear. Though it will surely have many of it's own problems.

User Info Menu

Shazane Guest

User Info Menu

ah, you've been to that website too eh? Good stuff.

User Info Menu

I feel so at home in this forum. I play D&D. Ive been playing for about Id say 13 years. I have waaay too many characters, almost all of them gnomes. Gnomes are so awesome, as a matter of fact I am getting one of my gnome characters tattooed on me (loser I know). I also cant wait for fourth edition, it will be interesting to see how they streamline it more.

User Info Menu

Dwarves all the way! Once played a Chaotic Evil Dwarf.... THAT was fun!

User Info Menu

Playing evil characters is the best. Whats the point of playing in a fantasy game if you act all good like you would in real life? Of coarse in my mind gnomes are self centered greedy urchins, so that may be why my characters who started as good ended up evil.

Shazane Guest

I like neutral best, when you're neutral you can be as evil as you want but still be good if it's convenient for you.

I stick with humans for the balanced stats, because I always make really balanced characters.