Thread: 9/11

User Info Menu

Default 9/11

Being born and raised in New York, I'm reflecting on this day. Five years already=time sure flies...
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

The whole event was surreal. To this day it is hard to imagine that 2 planes took down two skyscrapers and also struck the pentagon.

User Info Menu

Don't forget about the field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. (A total of 4 planes).
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

yeah...it's still hard to believe

User Info Menu

yea its pretty sad when you think of the people who died, also i didnt know one went at the pentagon god im stupid
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

Default 9/11

Tell ya what, buddies...I work at a talk radio station and my most vivid memories of 9/11 were of my colleages and me staring numbly at a TV screen as the story unfolded, and of metrying to keep my composure as we shared the story to our listeners.

I've deliberately not watched too many of the retrospectives...because they were painful the first time around, and I haven't forgotten...I pray we never forget...as the country song goes, "all gave some, but some gave all..."

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

when it happened i was hunting. and my dad ran into to guys that had a radio and they told him. then dad told me and brandon. and that was the day we were coming home from hunting also that night actually. it was kinda scary. because we heard and seen fighter jets flying over the mountains too.

User Info Menu

I don't know if any of you caught the ABC news story tonight but I am furious that special interest groups are blocking laws that would keep us safe.

1. Amonia Nitrate sales unregulated.
    2. Cargo Ships not inspected properly
    3. Our borders... you've heard it all before.

We should all do our part. Call your congress people. SPEAK UP!

User Info Menu

Yeah today in class we watched a video of what happened and it was like a memorial to all the people that died. All the grls in class were all crying (i wont lie... i was too) and all the guys just stared at the tv all shocked... it was really scary
    I was 7 years old when it happened to I never really understood what happened so now that I've really seen it feels more important to me, and it makes me really really sad thinking about all the people that gave their lives to save other people. My teacher acctually lost someone in 9/11, so it was very important to her.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

but all I can really remember from that day is walking into my parents room after I got up for school and my mom was crying watching the news and my older sister was praying... my dad came home from work that day with an american flag and we hung it on our flagpole
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

I remember I came home from work and my girlfriend was standing at the door with tears in her eyes. I asked her what was wrong and all she could was point at the tv. I sat down and watched the coverage all day long. I called my parents and told them that I loved them. At that time I thought it might be the last time I ever talked to them. There was no telling what was going to happen. My prayers go out to all those who died on 9/11 and to all the family members and friends of those who died.

I WILL NEVER FORGET!
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Amen to that
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =