Thread: uhh help again

User Info Menu

Default uhh help again

I was just wondering if there was such thing as triplets on the bass drum and if there is how to do it

User Info Menu

James, you can do it with one foot but it takes being on an advanced level. Your best bet is to get a double pedal and learn it on there. Just don't overuse the double bass like many drummers do. Play for the song.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by james
    I was just wondering if there was such thing as triplets on the bass drum and if there is how to do it
    tripples are extremly difficult on a single bass pedal until you`ve built up the muscles needed play it .I`d go against the idea of getting a doulble pedal til you can play`em on a single though or you`ll hamper your progression .I used a double pedal and can`t play tripples on one foot which i wish i`d taken the time to learn and develop better leg muscles .but if you`re always going to have a double bass pedal i guess it doesn`t matter ,but i`d learn it on a single.

there`s lots of different ways of doing it .i.e heal up ..heel down ...heel toe ..but all take a lot of practice to get proficiant at it .Heel down is probably the easiers way but will lack in power and will hurt your legs to start with .

just keep at it ,start of slow and play 8th notes one the hh and 1/2 notes on the snare .then play triplets on the bass pedal for each beat .start at like 80 bpm and work your way up (if you have a metropnome ...if you haven`t YOU SHOULD)

let us all know how you getting on !!

dave

User Info Menu

thanks for the advice i'll try it