Thread: I'm A Man

User Info Menu

Default I'm A Man

My band playing "I'm A Man". Nothing great, any opinions? I'm new here so go easy.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFdA9oK4DKI

User Info Menu

Cool I'm a Man

Hey, Johnnyringo, the sound was a little distorted, but your drumming was cool! That solo kicked big-time, and I was impressed how you made that four-piece set sound like more!

Must admit I like the Spencer Davis original--and you guys did it in a lower key--but you covered it well! (Made me want to grab my congas and jam with you; I think the Davis version had a dude playin' congas, BTW)...

Keep up the good work, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Thanks man, the sound is distorted because of the camcorder, we used a digital camcorder with a built in mike, thanks again.

User Info Menu

solid performance Johnny! Nice job and the kit sounds right

What year is that Luddy?
    5 Piece Pearl Reference Kit w/ Noble n Cooley Snare

6 Piece Pearl MMX Master Custom Maple
    Natural Maple Lacquer Finish

Various Zildjian K and A customs
    Paiste Signatures
    Paiste Sound Formula Reflectors

User Info Menu

Very cool man.

User Info Menu

Ahhh...the unmistakable balls to the wall sound of Ludwig...Way to go Johnny. Nice playing. All you guys.

all the best...

User Info Menu

very cool man, my old band covered that song aswell. always a fav to play. nice solo, and the drums sound great. you can tell alot from a camcorder mic. they dont lie.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Ahhh...the unmistakable balls to the wall sound of Ludwig...Way to go Johnny. Nice playing. All you guys.

all the best...
    KG, we have to be a bit more careful with our language. I understand how the moment can get away from us, but for those with families, the kids might be looking over the shoulder. Thanks for understanding bro.!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Great video Johnny!! You guys sounded great! Loved the drum solo!!!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Wow, nice job! I enjoyed that

User Info Menu

Great job!
    Also the drums sounds so cool...!!!
    Just love the drums and they will love you too!!!

User Info Menu

Great job man. Sound wasn't bad for just a camcorder. Real tight band ya got there.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Thumbs up I'am A MAN

OLA como estas Very Good Expression of Your ARTISTRY within the ANCIENT SPIRITUAL ART of DRUMMING Good Job.THE band sounds Good * you work well with these CATS
    GRACIAS STICKS WIZZARD DRAGON

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    KG, we have to be a bit more careful with our language. I understand how the moment can get away from us, but for those with families, the kids might be looking over the shoulder. Thanks for understanding bro.!
    I learned the origin of that phrase a couple weeks ago and was surprised to find out it's not at all what most assume it to mean:

"The phrase balls to the wall, meaning an all-out effort, comes from the world of aviation. On an airplane, the handles controlling the throttle and the fuel mixture are often topped with ball-shaped grips, referred to by pilots as (what else?) balls. Pushing the balls forward, close to the front wall of the ****pit increases the amount of fuel going to the engines and results in the highest possible speed."

don't mean to hijack, just got a little bored tonight~