Thread: Wuhan VS sabian AA VS paiste chinas

User Info Menu

Default Wuhan VS sabian AA VS paiste chinas

I own a 12 inch wuhan and a very tired beat zildjian china so im looking for a new china. To me a small china should sound like a whip cracking at the end of a fill, while the larger ones should sound similar to that of a steam piston, I love sabians signature jia china but man, for $300 bucks its alot for one cymbal. I'm looking now at either paiste 2002 16 inch, sabian 18 inch AA fast china or to save money a larger wuhan but have no idea what the larger wuhans sounds like. Does anyone own a larger wuhan and if so, how do they sound compared to the latter?

User Info Menu

Hi "I Can't!"

I think your analysis of the different size chinas seem pretty good. I do have the 18" Wuhan china, and I love it! It has a nice gong sound to it. As to how it compares to the others, I really can't say since I haven't heard them. When I wanted a china cymbal, I went with a cymbal make in china! That only made sense to me. Every one else is copying the sound of a china!

I would suggest, no matter what anyone else says here (and you will get good input), take the suggestions and go to a music store and try out the cymbals you are considering.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

IMHO, comparing any Wuhan to Sabian AA's or Paiste 2002's is like a Pinto to a Cadillac. However, Wuhan's China's are their best sounding cymbals. Of course, the trashy sound of a China is hard to screw up. Their price is a good factor for those on a budget though. BTW, I currently own a Paiste Signature 18 inch. Blessings.......

User Info Menu

I like china's like anyone else, but i can't see paying $300 for cymbal that for all intent and purpose sounds like cooking pot lid when struck!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    I like china's like anyone else, but i can't see paying $300 for cymbal that for all intent and purpose sounds like cooking pot lid when struck!
    Dito, go with the Wuhan. I did and love it.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums