Thread: Godspeed

Shazane Guest

Default Godspeed

http://www.myspace.com/godspeedmetal

I might be joining this band. I've never played Power Metal though. For the metal illiterate, Power Metal is like Iron Maiden at 200 BPM. It's very different from what Entropy plays, melodic avant-garde blackened thrash groove folk death, and I'm unsure of how to approach it.

Should I be playing with half of the complexity and technicality that I normally use, or does this call for more simplicity? One song was written by a great drummer 3 years ago and I keep that practically intact, the rest seem to just be thrown together for the sake of having a beat.

User Info Menu

my advice hear comes from personal experiance i like to take a jazz beat and convert it into a blast beat to play along with dragon force and it sonds good. so play what sounds good and you have nothing to worry about with technicality or such
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

As a member of a band you have to give some of your style.
    Play what you can play better and make it sound good. Be confident
    ( my advice is almost the same with drummerdavie)
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

I agree, you should offer them some of your own influences to make an interesting genre. I remember listening to those guys, great guitarist.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy