Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pastor Bob's Videos

User Info Menu

Default Pastor Bob's Videos

Well, I had a good time jammin' with my brother, Bill, at Christmas. He is a beginner on the bass guitar, and this gives us a chance to have some fun together. It also encourages my brother when he gets a chance to play with me. We started the day jammin' together on guitars, and then we taped this video. It's kind of fun learning how to stay in synch with the bass player. It wasn't perfect, but we had some fun! I even forgot to bring the drum throne, so I used a stool that my brother had, and it was great!! We had so much fun, I even throught that ddrum D2 kit sounded fairly good! LOL

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...rotherBill.flv
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

i like your video PB, you have a very musically talented family and im sure that was an enjoyable learning experience

User Info Menu

ya got yourself a good groove going there PB

And coming from a secondary bassist, slap your brother around for me, and tell him to play with his finger =P

Just kidding, you guys looked like ya had some fun

Oh, PS nice tom fill btw =)

User Info Menu

PB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Your doing great on your fills and of course, your timing is perfect.... Wow, you're really coming along (I gotta practice more).

User Info Menu

Way to go PB!!

User Info Menu

Cool Pastor Bob's Videos

WOW!

Dude, you definitely have a groove goin' on that one--and that solo sounds great, too.

You've come a long way in just a short time, and I wouldn't be ashamed to say that, with a little work with others in your music ministry, you'll be do as well behind the drumkit at church as you do behind the pulpit.

(BTW, just curious why you didn't post it in the Videos forum?)

Congratulations, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Nice vid. Nothin' like playing with other musicians especially family members
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

That Great Gretsch sound. especially when you get around to the floor tom. totally volcanic. Good gong guys. Just wondering tough...What happened to the other 3 strings on the bass? LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    (BTW, just curious why you didn't post it in the Videos forum?)
    Sorry, BB, I looked for it, but I didn't see it when I posted. I'll have to move this to the Videos Forum! Got to keep things straight so we can find stuff!

Kay-Gee, that was actually my beginner (ddrum D2) kit. I've gotten better at tuning, and when I tuned it up at my brother's place, I actually thought it sounded pretty decent. Not quite the "Great Gretsch Sound," but I sure had fun with it, and it made me feel good that this was the kit that I was saving to give to my son.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

nice pb i like it
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

PB, I'm impressed! You held it together real good, even through the solo.
    Try not to rest your hand on your left leg inbetween 2 and 4 (or maybe it just appeared that way). A lot of beginning drummers do this but it's a bad habit. I thought your drums sounded really good! Not crazy about the ride cymbal sound but that will change when you upgrade. Higher quality will get rid of that metallicy sound that the cheaper cymbals have.

All in all, YOU'RE SLAMMIN'!

User Info Menu

Thanks Drummer. I may have been resting my hand on my leg, I don't really remember. I do know that I was trying to hear my brother, and stay with him, so I was trying to play somewhat softly. My brother's kind of where I was when I first started playing the drums. I just takes time to learn the instrument, then it takes time to integrate all the separate things that you learn. I really just wanted him to have a real special moment so that he would be inspired, because I knew he was getting a little frustrated. Funny thing is that when you try to do something nice for someone else, it's amazing how the good thing tends to come back on you. I really had a good time, and came away very inspired myself!

BTW, I figure I have just 3 cymbals left to get (after that it would all be extras, if I wanted them). A 20"-22" K ride, an 18" A Custom Fast Crash, and a set of hi-hats (haven't even researched that yet). That might be the goal for the kit is to finish that by the end of the year. We'll see! LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Funny thing is that when you try to do something nice for someone else, it's amazing how the good thing tends to come back on you.
    Isn't that the truth. And something we all tend to underestimate. I am working on that this year and trying to keep it at the forefront of my thinking.

User Info Menu

Sounds like an excellent focus for the year, and hopefully, many years to come.

Blessings

User Info Menu

Hey PB, that was really cool. You are looking comfortable on the kit. How long were you and your bro jamming like that for that day? You should be very proud of how far you have come in such a short period
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by livewire80 View Post
    Hey PB, that was really cool. You are looking comfortable on the kit. How long were you and your bro jamming like that for that day? You should be very proud of how far you have come in such a short period
    Thanks LW! We started out jamming together on guitars. I was playing a song I knew, and was calling out the cords, because I knew that the bass could follow on the root of the cord. My nephew was having fun playing the kit, so that went on for about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. When my nephew got tired is when I got behind the kit. We really hadn't been playing for more than about 15 - 20 minutes when I decided to record it. Of course, there is already a chemistry between brothers, so we got in synch pretty quick.

User Info Menu

Had me fooled for sure Bob esp. the floor tom. It had a real gretsch-ish tympani like sound. The other toms a little less distinct but I was figuring maybe just the camcord recording quality. I've never heard ddrum before...really nice

all the best...

User Info Menu

Thanks LW! We started out jamming together on guitars. I was playing a song I knew, and was calling out the cords, because I knew that the bass could follow on the root of the cord. My nephew was having fun playing the kit, so that went on for about 2 1/2 - 3 hrs. When my nephew got tired is when I got behind the kit. We really hadn't been playing for more than about 15 - 20 minutes when I decided to record it. Of course, there is already a chemistry between brothers, so we got in synch pretty quick.
    Thats really cool PB sounds like you guys will be at it again in no time since you had some so much fun!
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Excellent Job PB, your timing was excellent, your fills were smooth, very well done, cool jam to BTW.

User Info Menu

OMG!!! You guys are brothers?!?!? SOoooooooo couldn't tell.

On a slightly more serious note though- good job PB!
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    OMG!!! You guys are brothers?!?!? SOoooooooo couldn't tell.
    LOL Yeah, I guess i didn't really need to include that little piece of information! It is sort of obvious, isn't it!! LOL

And thanks for the pat on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdplayer View Post
    Excellent Job PB, your timing was excellent, your fills were smooth, very well done, cool jam to BTW.
    Thank you. I left out the part where it took me a few seconds to get in synch with him. Once I got there, we locked in pretty well.

User Info Menu

Way to go PB!!

nice work

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

Good Job!! Oh by the way, I saw the other photos of your Catalina maples and they really look nice. They definitely belong in the living room. Part of the furniture!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rray5521 View Post
    Good Job!! Oh by the way, I saw the other photos of your Catalina maples and they really look nice. They definitely belong in the living room. Part of the furniture!
    As a matter of fact, that's exactly where they are!! LOL

User Info Menu

Well, I had a good time jammin' with my brother, Bill, at Christmas. He is a beginner on the bass guitar, and this gives us a chance to have some fun together. It also encourages my brother when he gets a chance to play with me. We started the day jammin' together on guitars, and then we taped this video. It's kind of fun learning how to stay in synch with the bass player. It wasn't perfect, but we had some fun! I even forgot to bring the drum throne, so I used a stool that my brother had, and it was great!! We had so much fun, I even throught that ddrum D2 kit sounded fairly good! LOL

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...rotherBill.flv
    hi PB, how long have you been playing? and have you taken any lessons?
    nice and steady pattern you have there, try a few grace notes on the snare to fill the groove up a bit, good stuff dude.