Thread: Getting my pdp drumset!

User Info Menu

Default Getting my pdp drumset!

Hi all, so I went to Guitar Center Saturday and picked out my first set: a Pdp mx in emerald fade. So Im excited. Im paying it off next week when I get my check.

Heres my question: When I get this set is there anything I should know going into setting it up for the first time? Any tips or tricks? Ive never set up a drumkit before so any advice would be much appreiciated.

User Info Menu

set up your bass drum first then put on your foot pedal then put on your smallest tom and so on after you get them all mounted then do your final adjustments on your tom positions and then your snare sit on your throne (as if you were going to play) and position your snare between you and the smallest tom then mount your cymbals then play around with them until you are comfortable and when you get everything like you want it set your memory locks. the guys and gals on here have pics of there kits posted you can look at any of them for a visual referance I hope this helps congratulations on your kit can't go wrong with PDP welcome to drumchat theres alot of really nice people here have a good day God Bless and Happy Drumming

User Info Menu

Great kit, dude. Have fun with it.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Thats the same shell pack I have. I love the set.

User Info Menu

Nice purchase Yoda, I have an LX set that I love as well. You won't be dissapointed!

User Info Menu

First get the throne just perfect (height wise) for your physical comfort. Sit on it with your feet out in front of you where they would naturally be when playing. (no stretching or twisting etc..) that is exactly where your pedals should be. There is no right or wrong way to set the drums, but most important is your comfort in playing them. you will find that the less you have to lift kor hands and arms and stretch, the faster, and more fluidly you will be able to play. The universality of modern drum gear allows you to position drums almost infinately. When it's perfect....dig in!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Well said KG! Enjoy your kit Yoda! We'll look forward to pics on the "Show Us Your Drums" thread when you get it set up.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I think it's super helpful to sit on the stool with no drums set up and air drum.... Then put the drums in the places that your hands and feet naturally go.

...and make sure you don't put anything in a certain place only because it looks cool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    First get the throne just perfect (height wise) for your physical comfort. Sit on it with your feet out in front of you where they would naturally be when playing. (no stretching or twisting etc..) that is exactly where your pedals should be. There is no right or wrong way to set the drums, but most important is your comfort in playing them. you will find that the less you have to lift kor hands and arms and stretch, the faster, and more fluidly you will be able to play. The universality of modern drum gear allows you to position drums almost infinately. When it's perfect....dig in!

all the best...
    Well said, exactly what I was going to say, WELCOME to the pdp family my friend.