Thread: foot pedal length

User Info Menu

Default foot pedal length

I have trying to do the "heel to toe" technique with no luck. The problem is I wear a size 12 shoe and I can't find a pedal long enough to properly execute this technique. I have a tama iron cobra single pedal, and a DW double pedal. Can anyone suggest a pedal?

User Info Menu

Axis Longboards
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

Shazane Guest

Yeah, as far as I know only Axis makes longboard pedals

User Info Menu

dw makes a longboard conversion kit
    but i am saving up for axis pedals
    i have a size 14 foot =/
    i know exatly what your talking about man
    "I mean honestly... I don't understand how "boom-click-boom-click-boom-click"evades a drummer...." ~ Kryshah

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod
    Sabian cymbals:
    18 in. AAXplosion crash
    21 in. AA raw bell ride
    16 in. Vault crash
    14 in. AAX stage hats
    Paiste:10 in. metal splash
    Zildjian:zil-bel
    DW 7000 double pedals
    PDP hardware
    EMAD!!!

User Info Menu

Yeah I know how ya feel. I'm 14 years old with a 13 1/2 shoe...my Iron Cobra dp can somewhat hold my foot...
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

Also Sonor Giant Steps are supposed to be about the best pedals in the world if you're willing to spend the extra moo. Danny Carey uses them... and he's a big guy lol

User Info Menu

meh, if worse comes to worse, just learn to double stroke on your feet, you wont need to shell out a bunch of money for longboards, and you can go just as fast

Ive also heard double stroking you dont have the chance of your body stalling as i call it, and forgetting what to do, doubles you get in the groove and their just natural

User Info Menu

Another alternative... you could try out the foot slide technique rather than the heel-toe. Might work with your feet better.

User Info Menu

ok mate i've really looked in to this ''heel toe'' technique and beliveit or not but you dont actually use your heel to make the first stroke!!
    its the ball of your foot... it just looks like you are using the heel due to the motion ... i went to college in London to study and i met the drummer from a band called million dead who was taking the same lessons as me and man!!! this guy is a monster biggest feet i've seen and he uses this technique, so i basically practiced it and really investigated what was going on ... its a full stroke with the ball of the foot bringing the heel down whilst relising the beater as you have made the stroke the second stroke is then more of a heel down motion...
    TAMA Bubbinga omni-tunes. iron corbra single pedal, Sabian AAX, Vault, & Evolution cymbals, Evans drumheads

User Info Menu

Default AXIS LONGBOARDS - thoughts

Warrior9

I was really looking forward to my AXIS AL-2 double pedal but, man!, it was taking such a long time getting here (>2months and counting!) I cancelled the order finally.

I have huge feet (size 15 - and they seem to get bigger every year and I'm already 58 years old!). I also have some paralysis in my right leg and ball of the right foot do to an old "war" injury so I have a little trouble with my bass technique, but I'm determined and practice lots. I may not have to buy the Axis AL-2, my Gibraltar 9611 single strap drive is fine for now.

I'm picking up some good tips on the 'net' and here.

I always think about the hardware the guys used in the early days (20's-40's) and the early days of Prog Rock - the 70's and I'm thankful I have the pedal I have now compared to some of that early gear. I think with a lot of dedication and practice, for me anyway, and the pedals that are out there today, any of the top-of-the line ones are excellent.

Good luck with it
    Gary