Thread: Recording

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Recording

ok so my band is recording next tuesday and wednesday and i was just wonder ye got any tips on recording? its my first expierence of this so any little tip is appreciated!

thanks!
    Got to stop hitting my self in the face with those drumsticks!!

User Info Menu

Cool Recording

Hey, mulla--have you visited the studio yet?

If you haven't, you might get an idea of how much space you'll have to set up (if you're bringing your own kit). If you can, check the kind of equipment you'll have (both the instruments and the control board) beforehand, so you can make the most of the recording time you've got...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Hey, mulla--have you visited the studio yet?

If you haven't, you might get an idea of how much space you'll have to set up (if you're bringing your own kit). If you can, check the kind of equipment you'll have (both the instruments and the control board) beforehand, so you can make the most of the recording time you've got...
    were actually recording in a venue, were setting up on the stage and the guy producing us will work his magic around that
    Got to stop hitting my self in the face with those drumsticks!!

Shazane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mulla14 View Post
    were actually recording in a venue, were setting up on the stage and the guy producing us will work his magic around that
    Then make absolute certain that you like the mix first, everyone has a different opinion on what sounds good so record some tests and don't start until you are completely satisfied with how it sounds.