Thread: Gimmie some skin

User Info Menu

Default Gimmie some skin

Has anyone tried putting drum skins or wraps on their kit. I was offered a really good deal on some toms to add to my kit, but they are white and my kit is black so I thought it might be cost effective to put wraps on them. I've never tried it and I don't know anybody who has. I have checked out a few websites that tell me how to do it, but I was wondering if anybody has firsthand experience with them.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

frankly it`s a pain in the *** .Getting the gromets out and the badges off without messing them up,depending how they are put on ofcorse, is a nightmare .i depends also how the old wrap was put on .the new wrap doesn`t simply go over the top you have to take the old one completly off .Best way to do that is with a hair dryer on super hot setting (don`t use a heat gun you`ll muck yer drum up).once you get everything off it`s pretty simple to get the new one on as long as you are good with your hands (diy etc) you shouldn`t have a problem .i`ve got a completely chrome wrap on my export kit and the 8 and 10 toms i`ve got (kestral) are black .i`ve just left them .it looks pretty cool still .(or it will do when i get my new multi clamps !!) if you decide to do it mabey you could make a step by step instruction thread ??? just have your camera handy and take pics at each step !!

the only one i did was an old prem apk kit bass drum i was gonna do the whole kit but honestly it`s not a simple job .

good luck buddy !!!

dave

User Info Menu

Default Re: Gimmie some skin

No. The company that made them, under warranty, will do it for free I think.
    -Grampire
    Teams
    Pearl Pack
    Zildjian League
    Evans Empire
    Quote: Ratamycue- Fart, oh man I said a naughty
    RIP Frank
    Pearl Masterworks