Thread: davies vids

User Info Menu

Default davies vids

so my english teacher belived me when i said drumming will help me learn about english though metaphores of music ect. so this is my english term project. hears four songs the sound quality is ok but you cant allways hear the song because i just ran it though an amp and played along and somehow im louder. oh and ignore the intros ware im talking
    dragonforce though the fire though the flames
    http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...ragonforce.flv
    creedence clearwater revival
    http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...urrent=ccr.flv
    meg and dia
    http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...=meganddia.flv
    +44
    http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...babycomeon.flv
    3 doors down
    http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...3doorsdown.flv

i messed up on a couple but it was fun to do
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Cool davies vids

Not too bad, man!

I noticed your drumming drowned out the song occasionally--especially the cymbals on "Through the Fire Through the Flames"--but that may just be a quirk of your camera...I hope your grades don't suffer because your teacher couldn't hear the lyrics!

Your drumming was quite good, though, and I have to give ya an "A" for effort...this is one of the most clever term projects I've ever seen.

Let us know how it turned out--
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

DD, I noticed that you kept the beat best on the third song. My guess is that you had as much trouble hearing the song as I did, since your headphones were an open design. All in all, I thought you had some cool technique, and you show signs of being fairly advanced in your drumming. I don't remember how many years you've been playing, but I think you did really well! Good luck on this term project! It's a really creative idea!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

thanks guys i got an A on the project and ya hearing the songs was a pain
    and pb ive been playing just over a year.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

Wow! Then Davie, I am impressed! Congrats on the A!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

thanks bob.

User Info Menu

Not bad for just over a year, just watch your timing, even though it was hard to hear the song. And is it just me or does that K crash seem to have an unhealthy wobble to it on Through The Fire And Flames?
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

Very well done DD I am impressed

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jimbolimbo99 View Post
    And is it just me or does that K crash seem to have an unhealthy wobble to it on Through The Fire And Flames?
    ya i noteced my second tom mount had a spot i could place a cymbal stand top part. but it doesnt hold to well.