Thread: Floor Tom Legs

User Info Menu

Default Floor Tom Legs

need some help here:
    my old floor tom came with 2 legs...lol... and no bottom ring. also just bought a new floor tom shell and bought legs etc. while doing the preassembly I find that the legs on both toms are tight against the bottom rings (heads not installed yet). is this normal or should the legs be bent out and around the bottom ring.
    any and all replys greatly appreciated.
    cheers
    RIFF

User Info Menu

Will the legs fit at all if you put the bottom hoops on? You should be able to install the bottom head without any interference what so ever from the floor tom legs. They shouldn't touch anywhere on the hoop.

ThePloughman Guest

Get some 3/16" hard neoprene rubber stock, make an exact template of your floor tom mount, and some longer mounting screws. You are fixed. And have an isolation gasket.

User Info Menu

back to drum...will fit but very tight..thanks for the reply

ploughman....duh, I should have thought of that....very excellent suggestion....thank you......problem solved...that will give me more "bang for the buck"....lol

gee I really love this site.

cheers
    RIFF

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RIFF WRATH View Post
    back to drum...will fit but very tight..thanks for the reply

ploughman....duh, I should have thought of that....very excellent suggestion....thank you......problem solved...that will give me more "bang for the buck"....lol

gee I really love this site.

cheers
    RIFF
    Way to go Ploughman, I should have thought of that myself when I posted. I'll bet though that you will need longer screws for the mounts after the gaskets are placed between the drum and the mount the screws will be too short.

User Info Menu

back to you..back to drum
    I have a secret little cache of odds & ends 'cause I am a pack rat at heart.....I probably have enough longer screws for at least 1 drum, and I am sure I can find some more locally...
    thanks again
    cheers
    RIFF

ThePloughman Guest

Three bucks just saved you about 60

Good luck.

User Info Menu

"forever in your debt"...lol
    cheers
    RIFF