Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shocked!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Shocked!!!!!!

Did you hear? The actor, Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment this afternoon about 3:30 PM. He was 28 years old. He was one of my favorite actors...... I'm just shocked!

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...wRsbroU0BclsXA

User Info Menu

Wow Im shocked too!
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

The Patriot is probably my favorite move of all time. Sad story there.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Who?
    "Music is always an experiment."

User Info Menu

Wow, they said it was accidental overdose of sleeping pills, what a shame!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 13drummer View Post
    Who?
    The guy from Brokeback Mountain - the blonde Aussie one, not the one american one who was in The Day after Tomorrow.

He's actually playing The Joker in the upcomming Batman movie - bet their glad they managed to finish shooting that hey?

I have to say I am shocked too - he didn't seem the type at all for something like this, and I really feel for his little girl Matilda, she now grows up wtihout a daddy.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

this is awful

User Info Menu

Just goes to remind us how precious, and how fragile life can be. Very sad story!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Another Hollywood tragedy.. such a waste of life. Very sad.
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate

User Info Menu

Sleeping pills.... they didnt identify that over here... They made it sound like a drug overdose *purposeful* especially after one of the interviews done where he said he wouldnt mind dying.

Its sad. and a shame. He had so much to live for with his young girl.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Perhaps the stigma of having name attached to such a shameful movie.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Ya I was pretty shocked as well. He was never the type that you saw in the tabloids always partying or acting nuts or anything like that. It looked like his life was going well with successful movies and a new daughter. Its amazing how these hollywood celebrities always look like they just have everything life has to offer, but more often than not they are completely miserable. May God bless him and his family.

Ernie

User Info Menu

i am SHOCKED! even though i dont know him!!!!!

User Info Menu

i realized today that people like him die everyday, but they arent famous like he was. it seems so strange when people hear about a random person dyeing in their community and it just rubs off, but if they are attractive and actors, the whole world mourns

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Perhaps the stigma of having name attached to such a shameful movie.
    Shamefull?

User Info Menu

The goblin died?? =(

Ive truley never heard of him aside from spiderman, he was never an actor whos a big name, well, i havnt heard of him, and i dont pay attention, so i really only know the BIG BIG actors, like brad pitt, but, its always sad when someone that young passes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ch33zz View Post
    The goblin died?? =(

Ive truley never heard of him aside from spiderman, he was never an actor whos a big name, well, i havnt heard of him, and i dont pay attention, so i really only know the BIG BIG actors, like brad pitt, but, its always sad when someone that young passes
    He's been in a whole bunch of films, he's very well know. He was nominated for an Oscar oh and BTW, he wasn't in Spiderman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick View Post
    He's been in a whole bunch of films, he's very well know. He was nominated for an Oscar oh and BTW, he wasn't in Spiderman
    Really, he looks oddly like the goblins son thingy

Oh well, it mioght not be the son exactly, but i swear ive seen that face in spiderman before

User Info Menu

Excellent actor but how do you accidentally overdose with sleeping pills?

User Info Menu

I think its suicide, too much Joker character in his head. I dunno just some stupid assumptions
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andreeew View Post
    I think its suicide, too much Joker character in his head. I dunno just some stupid assumptions
    He had mentioned that he was having trouble sleeping after the Joker gig. That's why he had 6 prescriptions going at once. He over-medicated. An absolute shame...and he had a 2 y/o daughter. It's just awful.
    I play Sonor Signature Series drums, Zildijian & Sabian cymbals.

User Info Menu

Actually they've finaly established what happend. My wife was telling me last night night. Apparently he had been sick with pneumonia and was taking meds for that. Additionally he had been having the sleeping problems and took meds for that. The two reacted and caused him to go into cardiac arrest. At least that was the latest report after an autopsy. There was allot of talk about him being smacked off his nut, but they did a full narcotics test and only found the prescriptions in his system, apparently it was about three or so tablets of each type (meds for his pnumonia and sleeping pills), no cocaine traces in or on him anywehre or in his apartment(he had been reported to have had a rolled up $20 bill, so some people made assumptions) and no alcohol in his system. The guy was just basically trying to feel better and ended up dead.

I should mention that this is according to some reports and news articles - weird thing here is everywhere you look seems ot some some slightly different info.

EDIT: Have a look at this and tell me it isn;t disgusting. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=371907
    Last edited by crazymanwithaplunger; 01-25-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    "What consumes your mind, controls your life" - So, what consumes your mind?

User Info Menu

That's dumb. The preacher that is. Heath Ledger wasn't even gay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazymanwithaplunger View Post
    EDIT: Have a look at this and tell me it isn;t disgusting. http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=371907
    Wow, that guys hates gays and Australia, called it "the land of sodom".......

User Info Menu

Australia is actually a christian nation too...ha