Thread: double pedale

User Info Menu

Question double pedale

which tecnique will be great on double pedale..heel up or heel down?

User Info Menu

I've ALWAYS played heel up; single pedal, double pedal, whatever... Also, don't bury your beaters. (Keeping the beater against the head, between beats). Always bring the beaters back to the resting position, between beats.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

i play heel up too ....but i actually like to bury the beater on a single pedal (not on a double so much)

User Info Menu

i switch back and forth depending on the particular beat or the dynamics or wutever....play heel up for more power and volume although their is a way to get more power and not more volume...but that's a different story all together...as far as burying the beater that's just personal preference....i do both...because they give diff sounds...if i need a quick hit like for really fast double pedal rolls then i draw the beater back instantly but if i'm doing a slow mello beat then sometimes it sounds better to bury the beater..

User Info Menu

I switch back and forth between heel up and heel down. It depends on the song.
    I use a double pedal and for some reason I keep the right beater buried and not the left. hmmm.......
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Hi, there,

I am new to this BB, I was looking for a BB, where I can talk about my hobby.
    Back to topic:

I have been playing double-bass for two months now, and general drumming for 7 months now. I gained some skills over that time and now I really want to become more skilled especially in double-bass-playing.
    Can you give me some hints? I use the heel-up technique, which is most common, I guess...
    How did you learn it? I don't wanna become a heavy-metal drummer with several thousand beats per minutes , but I'd like to acquire good skills, so I can play the double-bass...
    How long did it take you to become skilled?

Thx for your posts, greetings from Germany

User Info Menu

I switch heel up and heel down, depending on how the song, and how loud I want my bass drum(which is typically pretty loud)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by R+-Germany
    Hi, there,

I am new to this BB, I was looking for a BB, where I can talk about my hobby.
    Back to topic:

I have been playing double-bass for two months now, and general drumming for 7 months now. I gained some skills over that time and now I really want to become more skilled especially in double-bass-playing.
    Can you give me some hints? I use the heel-up technique, which is most common, I guess...
    How did you learn it? I don't wanna become a heavy-metal drummer with several thousand beats per minutes , but I'd like to acquire good skills, so I can play the double-bass...
    How long did it take you to become skilled?

Thx for your posts, greetings from Germany
    there`s only one way to learn and thats to practice !
    here`s a link that will help you (as it is me )

http://www.drumsdatabase.com/drums-double-bass.htm

happy bassing
    dave

User Info Menu

i heard the fastest way to play is to constantly switch between heel and toe playing... this guy managed 1407 beats per min with this technique (spelling?) ...it was the coolest thing ive ever frikin seen!
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit