Thread: Paiste Signature 14" Crystal Hats

User Info Menu

Talking Paiste Signature 14" Crystal Hats

Holy amazing hi hats Batman.
    These things are purely sick. My local Guitar Center got some from NAMM and had them set up on a bubinga/birch Starclassic with new Dark Energy imports on it. Well the Dark Energy crashes and 20" ride sounded superb as expected, but these new Crystal hats were the bomb diggity! Closed, hey felt like playing on air and had such an amazing responsive touch to them. Open, there wasn't a bit of displeasure to my ears which is what I get with most hats automaticaly judging them and how "crowded" they sound. A little quieter than I had anticipated, but an awesome set of hi hats for jazz settings or even some metal. That was really the only thing I saw "wrong" with them when really it wasn't wrong, just different, and they didn't really fit my own preference. Great hi hats nevertheless. The GC price that night was $490, but I assumed that was only because they were brand new and not on clearance.

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

ThePloughman Guest

I love Paiste. Signatures, 2oo2s. some of the greatest cymbals ever made. I used to have a Sig Crystal Crash, loved it. I didnt get to keep it very long though, the guy I worked the trade out with decided the Mellow Crash was just too much like his other cymbals. I was happy with the trade. We swapped back with in the 30 days we allowed.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Paiste Signature 14" Crystal Hats

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    Holy amazing hi hats Batman.
    These things are purely sick. My local Guitar Center got some from NAMM and had them set up on a bubinga/birch Starclassic with new Dark Energy imports on it. Well the Dark Energy crashes and 20" ride sounded superb as expected, but these new Crystal hats were the bomb diggity! Closed, hey felt like playing on air and had such an amazing responsive touch to them. Open, there wasn't a bit of displeasure to my ears which is what I get with most hats automaticaly judging them and how "crowded" they sound. A little quieter than I had anticipated, but an awesome set of hi hats for jazz settings or even some metal. That was really the only thing I saw "wrong" with them when really it wasn't wrong, just different, and they didn't really fit my own preference. Great hi hats nevertheless. The GC price that night was $490, but I assumed that was only because they were brand new and not on clearance.

ola como estas 32ndHeartBeat * These sound Rojo Caliente'
    (RED-HOT) I am going too really check them Out *Hey Have you Tried Istanbol? anyways Gracias for the info*