Thread: IsTanBol CymBals

User Info Menu

Default IsTanBol CymBals

OLa como estas ALL ARTIST DRUMMERS **does anyone Here
    use IsTanBol CYMBALS*& per-asy some one does What do you think of these.
    I would Love too Know* GRACIAS

User Info Menu

SWD, I can't remember who it is at the moment, but I know someone had quite a collection of Istanbuls on his kit. Check through the "Show Us Your Drums" thread. I think pictures of them were posted there.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

that person is kona, pb

User Info Menu

Default IsTanBol CymBals

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    SWD, I can't remember who it is at the moment, but I know someone had quite a collection of Istanbuls on his kit. Check through the "Show Us Your Drums" thread. I think pictures of them were posted there.
    OLA Como estas' PB*& GRACIAS I will check this out

User Info Menu

Default IsTanBol CymBals

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    that person is kona, pb
    OLA como estas CC* & Gracias for the info*
    I will check this out **

User Info Menu

I use the Mel Lewis Signature 21" Big Band ride with two sizzles and the Mel Lewis signature 14" hi-hats. These are hand made Istanbul AGOP cymbals and I really like them. I play big band only so these beauties really perform for me. They are very reminisent of the old K's.

Frank (fiacovaz)
    Last edited by drummer; 01-30-2008 at 09:38 PM.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up IsTanBol CymBals

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    I use the Mel Lewis Signature 21" Big Band ride with two sizzles and the Mel Lewis signature 14" hi-hats. These are hand made Istanbul AGOP cymbals and I really like them. I play big band only so these beauties really perform for me. They are very reminisent of the old K's.

Frank (fiacovaz)
    OLA como estas FIACOVAZ ARTIST DRUMMER *AND GRACIAS
    for the FACTS as you stated*I know that At the NAMM show I really loved these ISTANBOLS so I getting some **

User Info Menu

Istanbul are really good cymbals, i like very much the china ones and i'm going to buy one soon. Very good price
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: IsTanBol CymBals

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Istanbul are really good cymbals, i like very much the china ones and i'm going to buy one soon. Very good price
    Hola Como estas saturn ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER *
    Gracias for inForming me with the INfo,,I know that I am going to Acquire
    them (BUY THEM) Very soon***I love the X-METAL X-JAZZ & the X-CAST
    GRACIAS **

User Info Menu

Default Re: IsTanBol CymBals

I have heard only positive reviews on the Istanbul stuff. My only association with them though has been a 10" splash that was really nice.

User Info Menu

I almost purchased a crash from a friend of mine. I think it sounded really nice, very crisp, but a little too thin and "shaky" for my taste. A good cymbal nonetheless.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

since i begun i play Zildjian but i like Instanbul also.
    I' m really impressed of Instanbul chinas i think they are the best i' ve ever heard
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

When considering the purchase of any cymbal, it does help that you can listen to the cymbal first. I bought my Istanbuls by being able to listen to them first. Since there is no local dealer, I was able to find them at cymbalsonly.com

Tony is a Cymbal Master and has made available an mp3 of every cymbal listed. You can listen to your hearts content. He is very knowledgeable and was a great help to me. I still go to his web site and simply listen because, you never know...I may be in the market for something different.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Re: IsTanBol CymBals

Quote Originally Posted by fiacovaz View Post
    When considering the purchase of any cymbal, it does help that you can listen to the cymbal first. I bought my Istanbuls by being able to listen to them first. Since there is no local dealer, I was able to find them at cymbalsonly.com

Tony is a Cymbal Master and has made available an mp3 of every cymbal listed. You can listen to your hearts content. He is very knowledgeable and was a great help to me. I still go to his web site and simply listen because, you never know...I may be in the market for something different.
    Hola Como estas Fiacovaz*(FRANK)ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER
    Gracias 'I am very aware of the ancient ART of Cymbals & the ARTIST that
    create these Fine works of ART**& the ART just Buying them the time spent
    listening ,& the Feel (GAGE) of thickness ,the very Unique difference of every cymBaL.I know one Fact that Moved Me *My ARTISTIC SOUL was when I was at the NAMM show at (IsTanBols-DisPlay Center) I spent within
    the 3 days That I was at the NAMM show I spent 8 hours just PLaying all their cymBaLs ,& not Just ISTANBOLS I spent time within Many CymBal
    Company,I loved The ISTANBOLS **& the company the(CATS) that were their
    working At the ISTANBOLS(CENTER) did have alot Of KNOWLEDGE within the ART of
    cymBals ,the Actual MASTER ARTIST that HAND make them share very detailed KnowLedge with Me within this ANCIENT ART *I am glad that you shared
    this KNOWLEDG with me the INFO LINK *ARTIST FIACOVAZ(FRANK)I will check this OUT ...AS I am going to Get them (AQUIRE-BUY) them..Gracias'
    Last edited by STICKSWIZZARDDRAGON; 02-18-2008 at 03:04 PM.

User Info Menu

ok Sticks....
    Inform us for your impression after buying an Istanbul cymbal. Ok?
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    ok Sticks....
    Inform us for your impression after buying an Istanbul cymbal. Ok?
    HOLA como estas 'SATURN ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER * I sure
    will ***GRACIAS ***