Thread: Music Course

User Info Menu

Default Music Course

Hey I have recently applied for a Higher National Diploma in popular music and am soon to getmy audition and interview. I know that there gonna ask me to play a couple of pieces and that but has anyone applied for a course etc like this.
    If so what where you asked?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Music Course

they just find out your musical past. See if you actually wanna be there or just think it would be a cool thing to do.... Generally i think they pick people already in the industry.... and wanting to further what they do. so they will prolly ask about gigging and stuff.

I have done a music course simular to yours but there wasnt a interview for it you just payed your money and enrolled.... fortunately i got in. But i know to get into a conservatorium where the big boys play you gotta know alot and i dont know enough to do that anymore. :(

But really you cant say anything to satisfy them. Just get out there playing get your playing solid and make sure you have a big reference of experience to offer them. Thats pretty much it i think.

They may ask about your musical knowledge as well. How you think a band runs as well....... im assuming as popular music it means music and industry *which is what i studid* which is make a band and learn how you work in the industry. so having a band with lots of gigs under your belt would help i would think.

Tell me more about this course im interested
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters