Thread: who has a gear trailer?

User Info Menu

Default who has a gear trailer?

do any of you use a covered cargo trailer to haul your stuff? if so, where did you find it? what did you pay?

i need one pretty bad. i'm gonna go ahead and buy one myself, rather than do the whole band fund thing. ive been burned on those kind of things before. but it needs to be at least 5x8 to fit the whole bands gear (drums, amps, p.a. gear, lights ect).
    it seems that these are not things that people get rid of. i have been looking for a used one for a couple months. they rarely even pop up on ebay. i just can't spend 1.500 for a new one. if anyone in the midwest hears of one for sale around 500-800 bucks, shoot a bro a pm.

User Info Menu

Cool who has a gear trailer?

Hey, funkster, I just took a peek at the St. Louis craigslist...there were four trailers that fit your description, but the least expensive was $1000...will PM ya the links, bro', but you might have to tighten your budget a wee bit even on that one!

(Yeah, right, I know...) will keep an eye open for trailers in da Lou...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

yep, still a little steep. but thnx.

User Info Menu

Try your local Home Depot if there is one in your area , but they usually run about 2500 bucks . You could also maybe rent a U-Haul trailer just on gig night .

User Info Menu

I use my little camper trailer, complete with fridge, folding/bed/table & folding couch dbl bed.......this thing is approx 6' wide by 10' long & it cost $500. It is tall enough to stand in, solid all around & has a locking door...awsome for outside gigs......try looking in the camping section...lol..(lots of luck)
    cheers
    RIFF

User Info Menu

Hey funky, we were using a 5x8 for a while and it was a bit like playing
    Tetris loading that thing. We sold it for $600 and bought a 6'x6'x12' and
    have room to spare. I think it was $1,200 used from a band members dad.
    Has a side door and a drop down door that doubles as a ramp. Check
    craigslist and your classifieds, you might be able to find a good deal too.
    Best of luck.
    Jack
    Register Today its easy!
    http://www.drumchat.com/register.php

User Info Menu

yeah, i've been checkin my local paper, ebay and craigslist regularly. i need to find one of those 600 dollar deals like you sold jack.

gonefishin, i have checked the ones at home depot. i have no problem finding a new one. they seem to be everywhere, but i'm trying to find a used one and not dish out any more than about 800 bucks.

User Info Menu

I bought this 5x10 last year. I traded my 10 year old 5x8 trailer in on it. I got $900 for my old unit on trade. Used trailers can be had for less but you have to shop around.

Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

I know in my area alot of conyractors use them to haul their material and tools around from job to job , just keep your eye on the paper and craigs list like you are doing and sooner or later something will pop up . Good luck .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rritter View Post
    I bought this 5x10 last year. I traded my 10 year old 5x8 trailer in on it. I got $900 for my old unit on trade. Used trailers can be had for less but you have to shop around.

yup, thats what i need right there.

User Info Menu

woooo RRITTER
    how big is your kit man that motor alone would do me just fine haha, i take it you use it for something else
    TAMA Bubbinga omni-tunes. iron corbra single pedal, Sabian AAX, Vault, & Evolution cymbals, Evans drumheads

User Info Menu

Default Re: who has a gear trailer?

The trailer is for the whole band. I carry a 6 piece kit. A full PA with bass and mains, monitors too. There are three guitar rigs, lights and all the associated stands, hardware, & etcetera that goes with a band. For the weight you will need a good vehicle to pull such a rig. The crew cab really works nice now that gas is $3.15 a gallon here in Va. Everyone can ride in one vehicle and contribute to the gas for the trip. We sometimes travel 80 to 90 miles to play a job. One other route might be a used van but then you have insurance and the worry that it is mechanically sound.
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums