Thread: Snare Stands

User Info Menu

Default Snare Stands

Have you ever noticed that the snare stands with the sockets can sometimes give you "too" much flexibility? Don't know if you've ever experienced this but I either want my snare stand going up and down, or sideways. Any more than this makes it "harder" for me to dial in.

User Info Menu

never noticed i don't pay much attention to that

User Info Menu

They're nice when you're sizing a kit to a really small person. My son started with a Pearl Forum kit and I had a heck of a time getting the toms low enough. When he went to a rack system with ball joints it was much easyer to get everything slammed down low. I wish they made a high hat stand that could be lowered for very short people.

User Info Menu

Drummer I don't care for them either but I can see how some would like them. The ball joints give the most flexibility of anything else out there.

User Info Menu

I wonder if anyone has any more thoughts on this. I have been thinking about snare stands lately, and the ball and socket configuration sounded like a good idea to me. Now, I read that drummer thinks it is too adjustable.

Do you think that it is just a gimick to sell a stand, or is it a good feature to have?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I use 1 ball & socket mount for my side snare that I mount with a multi-clamp off of my hi-hat stand. It works really well for that application. I really don't see a lot of use for it with the rack system I have because I can already get everything to go right where I want it to. RD is right though, it is tough to size a kit down for a smaller player, so they would probably work well for that also.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

my snares to cheap to have a ball

User Info Menu

My snare stand is quite cheap and has ball. It is perfect for me because it help me put the snare exactly where i want!

User Info Menu

Can you really get too much flexibilty though? I would like to know i have the option there and not use it. Than not have the option and find i needed that one day?

My constant lack of funds makes me say this :P lol. I cant afford to buy sometihng new because it cant do something i need it too.... Its why i love the eliminators so much! :> Woot.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters