Thread: Hand/Wrist Strengthening

User Info Menu

Default Hand/Wrist Strengthening

Im not sure if this has been posted before but i was wondering if anyone knows any good methods to strengthen the wrists to be able to play drums and rudaments faster and for longer.
    Im quite happy with my feet at the moment but my hands are slow in comparison so any advice would be helpful, Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Stan View Post
    Im not sure if this has been posted before but i was wondering if anyone knows any good methods to strengthen the wrists to be able to play drums and rudaments faster and for longer.
    Im quite happy with my feet at the moment but my hands are slow in comparison so any advice would be helpful, Thanks
    I like to use one of those gyroscope type balls that you find in excercise stores. You get them going and the faster you rotate your wrist the stronger the resistance gets. I have found that to be a good low stress (impact) on your wrists type of exercise. It has helped me build up my stamina and strength. Also consider putting some light anakle weights on your wrists and play extended rolls to help build speed and endurance.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious Stan View Post
    ... i was wondering if anyone knows any good methods to strengthen the wrists...
    I just shoot some roids, get me some 75 lb. barbells and do a couple hundred wrist curls. Think you can handle that?

With love and respect to the newbie...
    - Tom

See the new Drum Bum Store!

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

lol drummer
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

IM ON ROIDS!!!!!!!!(with crazy roid rage body builder accent)

not but seriously wrist curls and a stress ball

User Info Menu

drummers way looks 2 b the best. do that n ull b good 4 a long time. lol
    DRUMMERBOCK