Thread: Phoenix Down

User Info Menu

Default Phoenix Down

Hey...I'm 16 and I'm in a band called "Phoenix Down"...they're all out of college...but if you go to our myspace...you'll see that I'm on the left (Bullpen- Ryan)...listen to us there...or go to our purevolume and add us on both!...Please let me know what you think of us...and you can follow the links on our purevolume to go to our store if you feel so inclined...we're also available on iTunes...thanks a bunch guys

peace

www.myspace.com/phoenixdownrocks
    www.purevolume.com/phoenixdownunionnj
    www.phoenixdownrocks.com

User Info Menu

nice recording.

User Info Menu

Pah-hoe-nicks Down

Shazane Guest

With that name, do you have anything to do with Final Fantasy?

I don't see the metal influence, certainly rock and industrial are there.

And I think it's pretty good, I only have a problem with the bass drum, it sounds triggered, which doesn't work unless you're playing fast, you should just mic it, or use a sample that's more bass heavy. Or it could just be the EQ if it isn't triggered, but not enough bass in the sound.

User Info Menu

Ff?

Shazane Guest

Quote Originally Posted by yunie92992 View Post
    Ff?
    A phoenix down brings people back to life in Final Fantasy, and while it is a mythological reference, I've never heard the specific phrase used in any other context

User Info Menu

kind of sounds more like blackhawk down, im not sure but i think phoenix is a type of plane or helicopter or something

User Info Menu

Mythological bird actually, also reference in Jimmy Stewart movie, Flight of the Phoenix, recently re-made. Great playing on your links, mature sounding for a guy only 16.

Shazane Guest

Turns out it's also a British Unmanned Aircraft. And a reference to the Godspeed song Flight of the Phoenix. However, only Final Fantasy specifically uses the down of the phoenix.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Phoenix Down

Hi guys, sorry I haven't replied at all. My internet's been down for quite a while (very disappointed with cablevision :P). Now to address all of you specifically

Funky- thanks very much
    Signia- heh?
    Shazane- yes we're much more rock and industrial than metal...and the whole bass drum thing...we don't trigger...so i guess it was just the way the studio recorded the bass...i was not part of the band when these were recorded
    Coke can- not quite :P
    Shazane- so much aircraft knowledge lol

and to everybody that said FF...yes...the original 5 members (not me...im number 6) used to be final fantasy FREAKS when they were my age (16...now they are 26)...they used to be called Jersey Hype...but as they changed their style...they changed their name too...their new music was uplifting and helped their friends get through some tough times...bringing back their friends (seein the connection yet?) so they went home...played FF...and decided to call the new band Phoenix Down...so congrats to everybody that guessed FF