Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soultone Cymbals?

lipstix-n-drumstix Guest

Default Soultone Cymbals?

Has anyone, or does anyone, play these?
    I checked them out at NAMM, seriously considering trying them out.
    Wanted to know if anyone had any feedback.

User Info Menu

I have heard of them but have never heard them. Looking at their artist roster they really don't have any big names, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. They look nice, but I'm not sure if they're good sounding cymbals or not. Blessings......

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Soultone Cymbals?

OLA como estas' LipStix-N-DrumStix ARTIST DRUMMER *
    I checked them out THEIR At the NAMM *I Liked them *But I am REALLY
    Loveing THE HOT ISTANBOLS *They are going to go places *SOULTONE*thats forsure.
    Whatever works for THE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER is All GREAT
    GRACIAS'

User Info Menu

Hi i feel abit rude here asking you this but beens as this is the newest post here, i was wondering if you could please tell me how to post a thread or can i????
    As for soulstone cymbals i know nothing about these and wish i could help,
    thanks Paul
    TAMA Bubbinga omni-tunes. iron corbra single pedal, Sabian AAX, Vault, & Evolution cymbals, Evans drumheads

User Info Menu

Paul I am assuming you want to start a new topic. If so just go to the section you want it in like Cymbals, Drumset, ect...... Up near the top right below the menu you will see "New Thread". Just click that. Put in a title and type your comment or question. Hope that helps.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Whoo..
    Soultone....never heard before....Does this menas brand new product ??
    Or it's just me who lived in such an isolated country??

How bout the price ??
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Lipstix, I have never heard of Soultone Cymbals. Why are you interested in them, are they priced real reasonable? I am just wndering why you would purchase those cymbals as opposed buying from one of the big three cymbal manufactures?

User Info Menu

Cheers dawg! will try it now thanks
    TAMA Bubbinga omni-tunes. iron corbra single pedal, Sabian AAX, Vault, & Evolution cymbals, Evans drumheads

lipstix-n-drumstix Guest

Their prices are VERY good, and they have a line comparable to Zildjian Z Customs, which I've been using (but hate to pay for). Plus, their rep is awesome - def wouldn't get this level of service from the big boy cymbal manufacturers.

User Info Menu

Ive heard of them actually before, I guess their priced about the same price as the big dogs, but their quality control and customer support surpasses the big dogs x1000

So ive heard at least, I always thought they were jazz cymbals

User Info Menu

Look out Paiste, Zildjian, Sabian...UFIP is here and they are amazing and individualistic. As for Soultone, are you sure that's not Silvertone (Sears & Roebuck brand)?

all the best...

User Info Menu

yeah kay-gee check their site, they are actually really nice looking cymbals

lipstix-n-drumstix Guest

Kay Gee! LOL
    I love my Z's but I love good customer service even more. I'm a dork like that.

User Info Menu

i've only seen thier add in modern drummer. i think they are hand made turkish cymbals. i think i remember seeing that nick menza from megadeth endorses them.

User Info Menu

yeah funky nick menza does, it shows it on the main page

User Info Menu

i would like to try out alot of these new cymbal companies out there now such as soultone, trx, turkish, masterworks, stagg and saluda. it wasnt long ago that people didnt know of bosphorus, meinl and istanbul either. as long as i've been drumming i have still never tried a ufip cymbal.

User Info Menu

UFIP made in Italy...high end and expensive like their cars!

all the best...

User Info Menu

i want to go into a giant room and play all the cymbals in the world!!!
    coke_can's cymbal factory! with a river of crashes and everything is made of cymbals! like willy wonka

User Info Menu

the problem with these small brands, where do you buy them from?

And places like soultone, arnt too big on ebay

User Info Menu

Not that I ever would sell my cymbals, but that might be something to consider before purchassing newer, small brand cymbals is resale value.

User Info Menu

You know I saw a nice looking set of them on the local Craigslist for $900. I saw this add for weeks and weeks. The dude kept trying different wording but still it looked like no one was taking. I saw after time he dropped the price to $400. But still ad after ad they were there. I should've bought them, just didn't know the name and apparently no one else did either. To my recollection they're a local company made here in the SFV, maybe Sherman Oaks, or Canoga Park? Blessings....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    i would like to try out alot of these new cymbal companies out there now such as soultone, trx, turkish, masterworks, stagg and saluda. it wasnt long ago that people didnt know of bosphorus, meinl and istanbul either. as long as i've been drumming i have still never tried a ufip cymbal.
    True very true. The three big boys are getting lots of competition these days. I wanna try all these as well. I used to be a staunch Paiste Signatures guy but now, when I finally buy a whole new set-up, I'm not sure what I want to buy. For now I'm just buying used Zildjian Avedis for one of my kits. I wanna have two cymbal set-ups for two kits though. Blessings........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    yeah funky nick menza does, it shows it on the main page
    That must have happened recently, him getting on the roster. I checked their sight a few months ago and didn't see any names I recognized. Blessings....

User Info Menu

I even never seen any Cymbals from these brands....
    In my country only Zidjian, Paiste, Sabian , Meinl and Wuhan which can break to the market....
    Even It's hard to found any A Zildjian or Paiste Signature here....

The only sell a cheap and economical cymbals....
    Such as ZBT for Zildjian, PST-3 & 5 for Paiste and B8 for Sabian ...
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

That sucks for you my friend. Sounds like you need to go online with this one. Blessings.........