Thread: Gig forum

User Info Menu

Default Gig forum

Hey I'm very new and like the place a lot. So please don't take offence to me having a suggestion right out of the gate. I was surprised however, that there is no place for people to post upcomming gigs and get support from other members when they play. I don't personally gig much (athough I hope to change that). I do travel for work a lot and would totally dig checking out some live music from members when I'm on the road. I would also come and support them when they gig near me. I live near NYC and lots of folks end up there when touring.

I don't know if a forum would be right for this or perhaps some other type of method. Maybe folks are already doing this on the calendar and I have't noticed. If not the calander might be a good place.

I'll leave it all up to the folks in charge. Just an idea.
    If it makes noise hit it!

User Info Menu

Hey FS, we never mine people making recommendations for the site. All suggestions are considered by the administration. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Gig forum

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Stix View Post
    Hey I'm very new and like the place a lot. So please don't take offence to me having a suggestion right out of the gate. I was surprised however, that there is no place for people to post upcomming gigs and get support from other members when they play. I don't personally gig much (athough I hope to change that). I do travel for work a lot and would totally dig checking out some live music from members when I'm on the road. I would also come and support them when they gig near me. I live near NYC and lots of folks end up there when touring.

I don't know if a forum would be right for this or perhaps some other type of method. Maybe folks are already doing this on the calendar and I have't noticed. If not the calander might be a good place.

I'll leave it all up to the folks in charge. Just an idea.
    Some of the best additions to DrumChat came from viewer suggestions. For example, the separate Percussion thread and the separate Member Video thread were a couple of ideas I tossed into the mix...give your idea a whirl, and as PB said, they'll give it some thought!

I think the idea of having a Gig Forum is fun...some members do have links to their schedules on their personal websites, but not all of them! The calendar, however, has not been updated since the fall of 2006, so it may be time to take a fresh look at that...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

It's a great idea. I've already suggested it to admin. We'll see.