Thread: My Zidjian Logo is fading...

User Info Menu

Default My Zidjian Logo is fading...

I've my Ride Cymbals Zildjian logo fading....

And why this is happened ?
    I used the same Cleaner to my Hats and Crash as well...
    And they're doesn't fading at all...

Can anyone give me some advice for extra care of my cymbals ??
    Like put away from sunshine...or somethin'...

Thanks...
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

The only thing I can personally think of that might be the reason your Ride is fading and not your crash or hats is that you play the Ride with the tip of your stick on the surface and this could wear the logo away? As opposed to hitting the crash at the edge with the shoulder of the stick for example.

Other than that I'm not really sure...
    "Then when we do... The Afro Cuban... I'm going to go... To my Coooowwwwbell!" - Bernard Purdie

User Info Menu

touch it up with a sharpie. i did that to my cymbals and it worked beautifully. You can't tell where they were fading at all, and it is perminant.
    Last edited by backtodrum; 02-07-2008 at 11:51 AM.

User Info Menu

My Advice is never clean your cymbals
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

totti, in case you were wondering what I meant in my previous post. I re read it and it seemed a little obscure for someone perhaps not from America. A sharpie is a black permanent marker, I don't know if they are sold in Indonesia but I am sure you would have something equivalent over there. Anyhow It worked nicely on my cymbals and I am really particular about things. I wouldn't recommend it unless It worked well.

User Info Menu

These are all great ideas but unfortunately they all wear off in time. Of course we can retard the wear with proper care. Blessings........

User Info Menu

A sharpie is a black permanent marker, I don't know if they are sold in Indonesia but I am sure you would have something equivalent over there. Anyhow It worked nicely on my cymbals and I am really particular about things. I wouldn't recommend it unless It worked well.
    Oh yeah...That sounds good to me....
    Never think about it before...
    Thanks dude....
    My Kit :
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

all my logo's came off one time went i cleaned them with groove juice the wrong way.. you know what i don't think it matters at all, unless your thinking of selling them
    TAMA Bubbinga omni-tunes. iron corbra single pedal, Sabian AAX, Vault, & Evolution cymbals, Evans drumheads

User Info Menu

Who cares? At one time they didn't paint big stuff on cynbals. You identified them by finding a little embossment in the metal. I think the big painting came with the advent of the "designer" generation. I hate when they gotta put "CRASH" in 4 inch block letters...as if I am to stupid to know what it is for.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Who cares? At one time they didn't paint big stuff on cymbals. You identified them by finding a little embossment in the metal. I think the big painting came with the advent of the "designer" generation. I hate when they gotta put "CRASH" in 4 inch block letters...as if I am to stupid to know what it is for.

all the best...
    I really don't care all that much other than my cymbals are fairly new with the exception of my ride cymbal. I have A custom crashes, and I have touched up the logos on those and I am trying to keep the polished finish looking good for as long as I can. When it is no longer worth the work I will strip the logos and not worry about it anymore.

User Info Menu

Who cares? At one time they didn't paint big stuff on cynbals. You identified them by finding a little embossment in the metal. I think the big painting came with the advent of the "designer" generation. I hate when they gotta put "CRASH" in 4 inch block letters...as if I am to stupid to know what it is for.
    I must say that i couldn't agree with you this time, KG...

Yep it's true for a intermediate and Higher-levelled Drummer, we can differ the Cymbals by it's finish of metal or just judge it by the sound...

But for a lot of people that didn't know much about drum world, they just care about how cymbals look like...
    So I think the 'Design' of cymbals is very Essentials....
    Beside, I like the Zildjian's Logo after all....
    Dunno why....
    My Kit :
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

also you have to think of the endorsements, does it look better for a company having a little inscribed imprint on the top, or a large black printed ZILDJIAN on it so that the whole world can see? its all about the money

User Info Menu

I would agree Coke,that makes since they want you to see what cymbals they are from as far away as possible, advertising is a powerful thing.

User Info Menu

Yeah I'm OK with that but it is the other useless info that bothers me.

If you buy a Lincoln Navigator or something, would you need S.U.V. painted on the side of it to tell you what kind of vehicle it is?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Yeah I'm OK with that but it is the other useless info that bothers me.

If you buy a Lincoln Navigator or something, would you need S.U.V. painted on the side of it to tell you what kind of vehicle it is?

all the best...