Thread: Mystery Vintage Gretsch Tom Mount: Need help identifying it

User Info Menu

Default Mystery Vintage Gretsch Tom Mount: Need help identifying it

Got a 12" Round Badge Fifties Gretsch tom with silver interior. The muffler brackets inside are early models of the mufflers. My question is this: Have you ever seen this tom mount before ? I've seen the diamond plate W & A mounts all the time and going back to the 1940's but not this kind. Note also- there were only 2 holes drilled, not 4. Also the 2 holes don't match up to where a diamond plate would go. Obvoiusly there was more to this mount. The teethh need to mount to something else and the wingnut has some purpose. If anyone can help me, please see pictures and reply.

Thanks,
    Mark

User Info Menu

I can't answer your mount question, but I can welcome you to the forum. Welcome!

User Info Menu

Mark, I don't see any pics. Something must have gone wrong there, and I'm sure our gear experts would like to see them. Try posting them again, if you would.

And welcome to Drum Chat Mark!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Can't see pics, but I'm guessing it's the same as my vintage gratch kit. I don't know the year ,but the sound is great.
    If it makes noise hit it!