Thread: Which Cymbals??

User Info Menu

Default Which Cymbals??

I am looking to get new cymbals for my 10 pcs kit. I have always used Paiste Big Beat cymbals in the past. So I am thinking about trying the Paiste 2002 series or Zildjian A series.

Between these 2, which would you get, and why.

User Info Menu

Well you ask a hard question here. I like both but, ini minnie mini moe catch a drummer but his toe, pay him thousands of dollars every day and you are not it. It's a toss up for me, I was using two fingers in this gamble, now I'm at a stalemate. WOW, that didn't help much did it? Blessings......

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

No Zildjian..........no...........grrrrrrr I give up.

User Info Menu

Ok I'll make a choice here. Go for the A's but I like both, can u tell hehe. Blessings............

User Info Menu

They're called Giant Beats lol
    I say go for the 2002's. Their sound is so unique since it was the first cymbal to use Paiste's patented alloy.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

that is truly a hard one. those to me, are the two most classic sounding cymbal lines. its kinda like picking a les paul or an american strat.

User Info Menu

Pick The A !!!!

That was a though decision....
    But well....I put Zildjian in my first row list.....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    They're called Giant Beats lol
    I say go for the 2002's. Their sound is so unique since it was the first cymbal to use Paiste's patented alloy.
    OK, Giant Beats. I stand corrected. I got a couple of the Giant Beat crashes, ride, and Hi Hats back in 68. I'm sorry if I forgot exactly what they were called, I won't let it happen again.
    Last edited by BACKBEAT; 02-09-2008 at 01:03 PM.

ThePloughman Guest

The Giant Beats are being made again. 2oo2s are still in production, and the Signature line, and the Twenty line as well. Everything you could possibly dream about.

User Info Menu

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    The Giant Beats are being made again. 2oo2s are still in production, and the Signature line, and the Twenty line as well. Everything you could possibly dream about.
    Yeah, I do love the sound of Paiste Cymbals.

User Info Menu

if you had and loved paistes before, i would stay with those

User Info Menu

Purchase the pieste's because if you love those cymbals you will spend all of your time comparing what you bought to the Piestie's instead of loving the way they sound because they were what you really wanted in the first place...If you want pieste's you better buy those or you won't be happy, trust me!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BACKBEAT View Post
    OK, Giant Beats. I stand corrected. I got a couple of the Giant Beat crashes, ride, and Hi Hats back in 68. I'm sorry if I forgot exactly what they were called, I won't let it happen again.
    I wasn't trying to sound arrogant, bro, if that's what you thought. I've just been around Paiste cymbals alot so it sounds out of the ordinary when I hear their names change.

I change my answer from before... I think that if you wanted to compare a Paiste product to the A Customs, you should be looking at the Signature or Reflector line. In retrospect, if you were comparing a Zildjian product to the 2002's, I would say probably the Avedis line. 2002's tend to have a much longer sustain and a bit of a flatter personality, very explosive.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I have to say: got with the 2002's! You already have experience with Paiste cymbals and anything other than Paiste will never live up to your expectations (I'm not saying Zildjians are bad). Once you have a preference, stick to it and you won't be disapointed.

On the other hand, change is always good.........hhhmmm.........
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I agree with DrumBum.
    I' m in love with Zildjian, i have 2 A crashes and i'm satisfied but i think i prefer the Avedis series
    Keep On Drumming