Thread: My review of the Grombal

User Info Menu

Default My review of the Grombal

I wasn't sure if this should go into Drum reviews so I just posted it here. For those that don't know what these are they are rubber like grommets that insert into the center hole of your cymbals to preven cracks and keyholing. VegasDrummer was the one who brought them to my attention. I ordered a pack of 6 last week for 15.00. They happen to have a special running and I got a free jazz CD and another 6 pack of Grombals free. I had a chance to play last night and try them out. They don't affect the sound at all for on. Also the cymbal "seats" the same way it did before they were installed. The only downside for me was the cymbal does not rotate when hit like one does when mounted without them. Now I have to turn the cymbal every now and then just so Im not wailing on the same area over and over. So over all by keeping the cymbal bell protected I would say the Grombal is worth the money.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyUjMfWm2WE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyUjMfWm2WE[/ame]

[Dave, the link doesn't seem to be working. FYI: Drum Bum is now carrying the Grombal. - Drummer]
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Cool My review of the Grombal

Dave--

It's a product review so I moved it to DRUM REVIEWS. No prob, dawg...

They sound good, man...you probably just sold at least one more set to me!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Dave--

It's a product review so I moved it to DRUM REVIEWS. No prob, dawg...

They sound good, man...you probably just sold at least one more set to me!
    Thanks BB. I wasn't sure if it fell under the drum reviews. I knew if it was in the wrong place on of our awesome mods would fix it.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"