Thread: drum Audio...

User Info Menu

Default drum Audio...

any idea how to host audio only? I dont have video but i recorded some good audio to share... youtube only seems to take vids though...

User Info Menu

figured it out....

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

just some random freewheeling. I really prefer playin with other ppl though

User Info Menu

Very cool Drummermike! You've got some serious talent there. How long have you been playing? Personally, I'm working on my first year.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

just over 15 years... keep with it, i watched your christmas jam session with your brother. As a suggestion, you should find some musicians who are above your musical skill to excercise your chops, that will make you better a lot faster. there is more opportunity to grow musically when playing with others, maybe some of the youth at your church will let you sit in on their playing. Im sure that would be a lot of fun.

User Info Menu

I really like this, dude. You've got great chops shown in this mp3. I'm curious, what kind of mics are you using?
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat View Post
    I really like this, dude. You've got great chops shown in this mp3. I'm curious, what kind of mics are you using?

thanks, Id like to actually write something someday... next time Ill warm up first too :D

the toms mics are audio technica. I used 2 mic pre packs. this includes the kick.
    the two overheads are MXL cheapies... by cheapies i mean around $75 a piece. I know there is worse but AKG and Rode has some awesome OH mics but in the $250 each range... yikes... the pearl piccolo 13" snare is miced by a shure sm57. Id like to try some standard snares at some point, like one of those OCC cnares. GC has em for like $450... some serious coin for a snare IMHO. anyhow, i then routed them through a behringer composer XL to eliminate room ambience at below somewhere around -10db. then direct into Protools via a digi 002. The recorded audio is pre mixed through a behrigner eurorack mx 2642A where i set my levels and EQ stuff. I could tweak Protools a bit more to get a BIGGER sound, but for this it was just a quick record and post
    Last edited by drummermike58; 02-14-2008 at 12:51 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Cool, thanks man, and thanks for the audio too. It's nice to get a taste of each others talent around here.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Cool drum Audio

Quote Originally Posted by drummermike58 View Post
    just some random freewheeling. I really prefer playin with other ppl though
    Hey, man, it may be "random," but it sounds great and you've got quite a groove there...

hope to hear more from ya, drummermike!

keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: drum Audio...

nice job

good sound too

thanks for the share

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY