Thread: Nightmare Gig

User Info Menu

Default Nightmare Gig

Played a yacht club last night. We played in a big empty room with no sound-proofing whatsoever. No carpet, no drapes, no pictures. There was a "very" high ceiling and a solid wood floor. They stuck us in one of the entryways. When I say it was a nightmare, that's the biggest understatement in the world. The sound was bouncing around all over the place, even after the room filled up with people. It was just too big and open. I played with earplugs all night. It was horrific!

User Info Menu

uugh,,,,i hate that ...feel for you !!

dave

User Info Menu

I feel for you too dude. But you did play a yahgt club right so not all bad.

User Info Menu

Unhappy Nightmare Gig

...and if I had to guess, I bet a few of the guests were grumbling on the way out like "oh, man, that band really [made like a Hoover]..."
    Last edited by drummer; 09-27-2006 at 11:26 PM.
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Cool nightmare gig

man I feel for you, Ihave been there it makes for a long night and theres not much you can do about it just chalck it up to one of those things that just happens and try to get a laugh out of it later.

User Info Menu

That's a bummer dude! I've been there too. Not any fun.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Default Nightmare Gig

Okay, drummer! I didn't recall that second line suddenly appearing!

At least we're laughin' about it now, man!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    ...and if I had to guess, I bet a few of the guests were grumbling on the way out like "oh, man, that band really [made like a Hoover]..."
    Believe it or not, my band never fails to win them over. We've got some real strong players and singers. Some of the best in town. The crowd always seems to love us know matter how bad we are. LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro
    Okay, drummer! I didn't recall that second line suddenly appearing!
    Sorry BB, it was actually a mistake. I meant to do it as a regular post to a your quote but I accidentally edited your initial post. I just fixed it.

User Info Menu

Cool Nightmare Gig

Not exactly a nightmare, bro'....

Charlie