Thread: anyone play Footloose

User Info Menu

Default anyone play Footloose

I'm playin the Percussion Two and Three parts for Footloose and I was wonderin if any1 had any tips for me?
    DRUMMERBOCK

User Info Menu

Cool Re: anyone play Footloose

Are you talking about drumline, orchestra or what, drummerbock?
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Default Re: anyone play Footloose

only in a nightmare man... only in a nightmare.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    only in a nightmare man... only in a nightmare.
    hahahahahahaha, just got my daily laugh, thx funky

User Info Menu

lol yea its pretty bad
    and to bb, idk its a musical and im doin mallet perc. and perc. two
    DRUMMERBOCK

User Info Menu

That gives me some idea, drummerbock...if I had to guess you're playin' vibes or marimba (mallet percussion) and either hand drums or kettledrums...or in a marching band, it could be parts for tenors or quints...

If you can find a copy of the soundtrack, it will give you an idea what to expect...but don't rely on that alone. Have you got the score (the sheet music)? It should have a list of what parts are involved...if you can, get a copy pronto from the music director...

Good luck, man!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

User Info Menu

bb,
    yea im playing the marimba, but its so outta tune, were not using it. and yea im also playing hand drums (timbales and congas) and im also doing like the triangle, mark tree, bell tree, cabasa, guiro, shaker, etc. etc. and timpani. I'm listening to the music alot, but I was talking to the lead guy (where im playing) and he says we got a brand new version of Footloose, and it has been changed, some parts dramatically. I guess they were trying to improve it.
    DRUMMERBOCK

User Info Menu

Cool!

At least now you have an idea of what to do with all those instruments, bro'...

Charlie