Thread: Paper thin cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Paper thin cymbals

Does anyone use these? I'm curious, because "paper" thin sounds easily crackable! I'm looking to add a thin, fast crash, type cymbal. But I do hit hard and probably not the "correct" way that other are taught.
    Would you recommend a paper thin? Or will it be too quiet or maybe break easily?

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drumstruck
    Does anyone use these? I'm curious, because "paper" thin sounds easily crackable! I'm looking to add a thin, fast crash, type cymbal. But I do hit hard and probably not the "correct" way that other are taught.
    Would you recommend a paper thin? Or will it be too quiet or maybe break easily?

Thanks.
    they do break easy if you smash the hell outta them so i wouldn`t recomend them for metal or the like ,but for quieter stuff the sound amazing especially miked up ,very very crisp....which ones are you thinking about ?

dave

User Info Menu

Talking

I don't use thin cymbals cause I hit hard, and because they have no sustain. If you're not miked, don't even bother with them;.

User Info Menu

Hey, thanks for the replies.
    I was looking at a Zildjian A 14" fast crash. Something quick and bright as an accent. I've been using a vintage thin hihat top that actually sounds great. But I cracked it recently. While checking ebay I saw some paper thins. I'll probably pass on those. I may just go for a thin crash if the price is right, but I like the fast crash.

User Info Menu

the trouble with the thin ones is you don`t get any volume out of them for live playing .they sounds great in a reahearsal room but get them on a big stage and you loose them .i`d stick with mediums if you`re not miking up