Thread: Ayotte drums

User Info Menu

Default Ayotte drums

any own or have played Ayotte drums here? I have a chance of buying a nice sounding snare. respond asap thx.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ayotte drums

have you ever listened to thursday?
    thier drummer plays ayotte and i love his sound
    so as far as im concerned id say go for it
    you cant go wrong with a custom company =]
    "I mean honestly... I don't understand how "boom-click-boom-click-boom-click"evades a drummer...." ~ Kryshah

Gretsch Catalina Club Mod
    Sabian cymbals:
    18 in. AAXplosion crash
    21 in. AA raw bell ride
    16 in. Vault crash
    14 in. AAX stage hats
    Paiste:10 in. metal splash
    Zildjian:zil-bel
    DW 7000 double pedals
    PDP hardware
    EMAD!!!

User Info Menu

Sorry Rat, but I can't help you much here, other than to say that I keep hearing that Ayotte drums are good, as KJ has stated.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

ThePloughman Guest

How much?
    Size, color, finish, hardware, badge, shell, throwoff, hoops?

Ayotte Custom
    Ayotte Drumsmith
    Ayotte Pro Maple..........

buy it if its reasonable

Down below is a link........ to my Rogers drums thread.
    My Ayotte Custom kit is in there.

User Info Menu

Ayotte drums are very well made, some very high end, and they enjoy a very good reputation in the drum world. I say go for it!!!

User Info Menu

i played a wood hooped maple ayote kit once that made me drool for a week. i say buy it if reasonable.

User Info Menu

Its a maple, 5 and half inch deep , 14 inch , snare , the logo says ayotte drumsmith I believe it is, I will check it again it is on consignment for 350 dollars Canadian? It sounds and plays quite nice. I'm trying to convince her indoors that it is required but i just blew 750 bucks on two speakers for the electronic set.

User Info Menu

Nice snare seems a little high. 250 - 275 might get my wallet open. Work them down a little. That is a custom hard to sell item. "Well I can get a Ludwig alum for 50 bucks" will be the prevailing logic of many novice Drummers. I doubt there are many drummers walking through there shop that appreciate a drum of that quality.
    Pditty

ThePloughman Guest

What color?
    A drumsmith should sell between 275 and 350. They are great drums. I have one...........pic below.

Ayotte Custom 7x14 maple, 1995 vintage.

Ayotte Drumsmith 6x14 Maple, C. 2004 I think.

User Info Menu

nice looking snare ploughman, how much did you land that one for? how does it feel?
    the one I'm looking at is natural maple finish with quite a high gloss to it, but it sure does play nice and the throw is real smooth, I have a 6.5" deep birch yamaha recording custom snare that is 20 years old and still sounds and plays great but this Ayotte just has a real crispy crack to it and it's real sensitive. I think I will offer $275 and see how much they flinch. wish me luck.
    Ive been trying to compare used prices on the internet but I dont seem to be able to find to many ayottes? guess guy's just want to hold on to them?

ThePloughman Guest

One recently sold for 288 on ebay. Um...... I stole this one fair and square. For way less. It wasnt like I needed it, or wanted it or just had to have the color. The price was far too insane to walk away from. I had one of these before, and sold it to finance the purchase of the Piano Black Gloss above. I always regretted that sale. I should have kept both. As for the Ayotte Custom ..... I also stole that one fair and square. It should sell for +500. And they do with regularity.

I think its a drum you would be very happy with, if you can get the price reasonable. Which it fairly is. But theres always "on a good day" when you can just virtually steal something for pennies. I live for days like that.

There is a full kit on ebay right now in this same blue color. You might take a shot at that.

User Info Menu

is this the one plough? looks very nice , but the shipping would be costly http://cgi.ebay.com/Ayotte-drumSmith...QQcmdZViewItem

ThePloughman Guest

That depends on how many bids it gets. And where you are. It cost 300.00 to ship my 4 piece 1964 Rogers with hardware from Regina SK Canada. UPS. to California two years ago. That was actual shipping cost. I paid 100.00 of it. Because thats what the seller quoted. He paid the other two hundred. The auction finished for a significant amount of money and he made money. I dont see the 150 as terribly out of line.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePloughman View Post
    What color?
    A drumsmith should sell between 275 and 350. They are great drums. I have one...........pic below.

Ayotte Custom 7x14 maple, 1995 vintage.

Ayotte Drumsmith 6x14 Maple, C. 2004 I think.

Beautiful snares Ploughman!
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

That black Ayotte is stunning Ploughman!

User Info Menu

A bit of insight/history of Ayotte. Two brother's who own a drum store in Vancouver B.C. (Drums Only?) Going back 20 some odd years, memory may not be as good as I hope. The lugs were purchased from Staccato, owned by my friend Bill Filek and Chris (Slade?) from the band The Firm (Jimmy Page and Bad Co. Singer, Paul Rogers). These were the god-awful fibreglass bell mouth drums. I think Bill still has a stockpile in his garage. I believe they bought Keller shells, and were one of the first to offer up wood hoop kits. Custom finishes were the attraction, not sure if they did the bearing edges.
    Ray Ayotte used to call me regularly 2minutes before closing to put in his store orders for Remo, Sabian, Promark. I worked at a warehouse distributor at the time.
    One fond memory, Bob Zildjian from Sabian, throwing my Zildjian coffee mug out the back door into the field.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing that signa. It is always fun to read the trivia about are passion. I love to read stuff like the mug throwing incident and the history of a drum company. Thank you again!

User Info Menu

i wonder what ever went wrong between the zildjian family members