Thread: Roland drumkit?

User Info Menu

Default Roland drumkit?

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the Roland TD-6KX all mesh head electronic drum kit. Does anyone have any experience of this and would they recommend it?

Thanks,

Paul.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Roland drumkit?

Yes they are great bang for your buck. They make pretty decent recordings also. The cymbals are the main drawback, but the toms are pretty good for their level. I have the TD6 with only the snare mesh head, but I'm gonna upgrade soon to really jack up my home studio. Blessings......
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

I've heard that Roland is no longer making the TD6 they now have the TD9 and stores are waiting on them now. I am waiting on my local store to get one so I can check it out . You may be able to get one from some where they have one in stock. Heres a link to the TD 9

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...25&ParentId=60
    Last edited by 2slow; 03-19-2008 at 06:35 AM.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

I play a td3 for church and had I been around when they purchased it I would have lobbied for the td6 all mesh now td9... Looks like a fun purchase to me!!!

Post pics once you buy.
    Pditty

User Info Menu

slows the man in the know. I love the mesh heads roland make the best electric drums around :> You will notice it over any other electric kit you play. *except maybe heart but im waiting to hear back from slow about that too :>

Goodluck make sure pics you post.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Roland drumkit?

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    I've heard that Roland is no longer making the TD6 they now have the TD9 and stores are waiting on them now. I am waiting on my local store to get one so I can check it out . You may be able to get one from some where they have one in stock. Heres a link to the TD 9

http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...25&ParentId=60
    Slow, you da bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck