Thread: New double pedal and crash

User Info Menu

Default New double pedal and crash

Hey its my bday coming up in may and i really would like a double pedal and a new crash. For the pedal im looking at the mapex 980 and for the crash i wanted something really rocky so i thought maybe a paiste rude, what do u guys think?

Fox
    Kit: Mapex QR: 12x9 and 13x10 rack toms,16x16 floor tom,22x16 bass and 14x5.5 snare.

Cymbals:paiste 101 14" hats,16" crash and 20" ride.Paiste 2002 18" medium crash

DW7000 double pedal

Favourite drummer: Chris Adler http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHl4I5E78Wg

Favourite band: Lamb of God

Favourite song: Now youve got something to die for- Lamb of god.

User Info Menu

Default Re: New double pedal and crash

As far as the Mapex pedal, I'm sure there are better deals out there than the manufacturer pedal, but if you're partial to Mapex products then go for it, they are very smooth.
    I can suggest every other Paiste to you other than Rude. They are extremely loud and unmusical. I once bought a set of 13" Sound Edge hats and took them back within a week. Dave Lombardo from Slayer uses them, take a look at some of his work and see if the sound interests you, but IMO that's the only genre of music they will do any justice.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I would agree about the cymbal, Rudes are one dimensional cymbals, there are so many more choices that will still allow you to play the music you like the most, but also be versatile enough to play a jazz gig etc. should you have the opportunity to. I would not Lock myself into a corner equipment wise that would limit my playing opportunities.
    Last edited by backtodrum; 02-28-2008 at 08:10 PM.

User Info Menu

Sorry I forgot to even mention, if you want a very versatile and dynamic cymbal for about the same price of a Rude, try the 2002's or even the new Twenty series. Their sound is a bit more classy and rich, but just get what suits you, dude.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

fox we missed you

User Info Menu

thanks guys and im doing all my shopping here : http://www.birminghamdrumcentre.co.uk/shop.asp
    Im going up on the day of my bday so really because of my price range its between the 980's and the DW 7k series, ill try them out and decide at the time.
    In terms of cymbals i am into pretty heavy stuff so the rude would suit me pretty nicely,but i get what u mean about not being too one dimensional, again, ill have a look and listen when im there. Has anyone here played the mapex or DW pedals im looking at?

Thanks, Fox
    Kit: Mapex QR: 12x9 and 13x10 rack toms,16x16 floor tom,22x16 bass and 14x5.5 snare.

Cymbals:paiste 101 14" hats,16" crash and 20" ride.Paiste 2002 18" medium crash

DW7000 double pedal

Favourite drummer: Chris Adler http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHl4I5E78Wg

Favourite band: Lamb of God

Favourite song: Now youve got something to die for- Lamb of god.

User Info Menu

. Has anyone here played the mapex or DW pedals im looking at?
    I'm not sure about the mapex pedal....I never heard either....
    But I'm sure the DW is a good stuff....
    A lot of guys own this stuff here....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

I think Adler plays axis... Pedals are like cars some guys like chevy some like ford some like Cadillacs etc. Gotta try before you buy and try and go in to the shop with no preconceived notions.
    Pditty

User Info Menu

Adler now uses DW 9000's. Goes to really show however that you're the one playing the speed the pedals are barely helping.