Thread: Which Tama hi-hat stand?

User Info Menu

Default Which Tama hi-hat stand?

Hi,

My currend hi-hat pedal is giving me an aching ankle and knee and I'm planning to replace it with a Tama Iron Cobra model because I've heard that they are gentle on the joints.

There are two to choose from, the direct drive model HH805 which uses a chain and the pull drive type HH905 which uses a lever.

Can anyone recommend one over the other, bearing in mind that my main requirement is ease in use.

Thanks,

Paul.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Which Tama hi-hat stand?

I have played the chain drive version and liked it OK. Really weather it is Tama, DW, Mapex, Yamaha, etc. Any of the high end stands are really nice and will help you save your ankles.

User Info Menu

I have the Iron Cobra with the chain and I would definately recommend it. Very smooth and very easy on the joints.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. I'll get a chain drive.

Paul.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    I have played the chain drive version and liked it OK. Really weather it is Tama, DW, Mapex, Yamaha, etc. Any of the high end stands are really nice and will help you save your ankles.
    HOLA como estas BACKTODRUM *CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMER (CAT) I love it EXPRESSED SO EXCELLENT **GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dunplaying View Post
    Hi,

My currend hi-hat pedal is giving me an aching ankle and knee and I'm planning to replace it with a Tama Iron Cobra model because I've heard that they are gentle on the joints.

There are two to choose from, the direct drive model HH805 which uses a chain and the pull drive type HH905 which uses a lever.

Can anyone recommend one over the other, bearing in mind that my main requirement is ease in use.

Thanks,

Paul.
    Ya I agree you will be happy with the Iron Cobra chain. Looks like that design would be easier to service if it gave you any trouble.
    Pditty