Thread: Upgrade on bass pedal

User Info Menu

Question Upgrade on bass pedal

I'm thinking there is a link for best bass pedals around here just didn't see one in my search.

Again I have an old set and I'm looking at the Tama Cobra but wondered if there are better pedals out there that are not $500 or more.

Thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Upgrade on bass pedal

I currently play a "strap" Iron Cobra. great fit for me. I wanted to like a chain drive so much cause they looked so cool but ultimately the strap is a better fit for me for what ever reason. The action is different. My second drum kit came with a yamaha strap pedal and thats the kit I really cut my teeth on so it could be as simple as that... I have 2 stripped screws on my iron cobra after 2 years of breaking it down and setting it up 1 - 2 times a week. I think thats exceptable wear and tear. They are on the cam that connects the left pedal to the main and the designers put two set screws on each end so there is fault tolerance I have been to lazy up to this point to service it but will soon. I think that kind of "could get by with one screw but we will use two speaks well of the Iron Cobra and its makers. Because of that I also would consider a used one if you find one. Good luck shopping.
    Pditty

User Info Menu

HOLA Como Estas' WR STIX **ARTISTIC CREATIVE ARTIST DRUMMER (CAT) & Welcome To THIS FANTASTIC DRUM CHAT FORUM PLACE*
    THIER is ALOT of VERY COOL CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMERS ,HERE
    ALL the MODERATORS Are Very COOL & OPEN MINDED CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMERS * AS you Journey HERE & GAIN & SHARE KNOWLEDGE**
    AGAIN *WELCOME**
    I use IRON COBRA DOUBLE HP900PTW POWER GLIDE & IRON COBRA DOUBLE
    HP900RSW ROLLING GLIDE & PEARL ELIMINATOR DOUBLE * I love My TAMAS
    THE MOST ,the TAMA ARE FOR me- SO VERY SMOOTH & FANTASTIC HOT FAST ACTION* The PEARL Eliminator IS VERY HOT TOO.In all My Years of PERFORMING I have used MANY MANY PEDALS they have all been good *
    MY SPEED KING *Gretsch Floating Action,My siv-O-Matic. MY GHOST My DW
    7000 DOUBLE *BUT I PERFER MY TAMAS IRON -COBRAS* *GRACIAS **
    WHAT ever works for THE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER IS ALL GREAT**

User Info Menu

DW 5000 double is under $500.00 I believe. I have one and would recommend it. They Iron cobra's are great too, so either one well do the job for you.

User Info Menu

Go play some pedals and see how they feel
    Its all the players preferance :]
    I prefer the Iron Cobra myself (chain)
    (((Arbo)))
    Pearl Forum Series
    B8 Ride
    A Custom Master Shound Hats
    Zildjian Z Custom Crashes
    Wuhan China
    Tama Iron Cobra

User Info Menu

i brought some 2002c eliminators... havent got them yet but i tried some 9000's in the drum shop and im kinda happy and not with the purchase....... i think the 9000's are slightly more smoother than what i have bought *tried them in the shop too* but....... i think with different cams i can set it up better to how i play....

and the 2002c's are under 500$ in my mind..... and in the same league as iron cobra.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Good ideas folks. I was comparing the dw 9000 around $250 vs the Cobra HP9000 @ $150 wondering if the dw was worth the extra $100. Of course anything like that will be a major change from a standard Tama pedal. ;-)

User Info Menu

The 9000 is the smoothest pedal made IMO. The iron cobra is a fine pedal, but the 9000 is heads above it for smoothness. Is it worth the extra money well that is debatable. Some player prefer the 5000 because they complain that the 9000 does not deliver enough feel to the player.

User Info Menu

smooth is great but feedback is important too... I'll have to try them at a shop around here then...
    thanks

User Info Menu

i use the crappy begineerer pdp. pedal and i hate it, i have played on tama iron cobras,pearl eliinators, and dw 8000s they are all great and under $500

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wr_stix View Post
    Good ideas folks. I was comparing the dw 9000 around $250 vs the Cobra HP9000 @ $150 wondering if the dw was worth the extra $100. Of course anything like that will be a major change from a standard Tama pedal. ;-)

$150 for for IC's and $250 for 9000's?!?!
    Thats like £75 and £125 right?
    seems like theyre more expensive over here?
    My local drum centre and others i know of sell the IC single for £100 and the 9000 single for £175. so ur saving upto $100!
    Lucky so and so's :P

Fox
    Kit: Mapex QR: 12x9 and 13x10 rack toms,16x16 floor tom,22x16 bass and 14x5.5 snare.

Cymbals:paiste 101 14" hats,16" crash and 20" ride.Paiste 2002 18" medium crash

DW7000 double pedal

Favourite drummer: Chris Adler http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHl4I5E78Wg

Favourite band: Lamb of God

Favourite song: Now youve got something to die for- Lamb of god.