Thread: Any Peart fans out there?

User Info Menu

Default Any Peart fans out there?

This live album and tour inspired me a lot growing up.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xd8JLwpiifo solo starts at 3:20 Love the orchestra hits at the end..

Here is a newer video of what is is up to lately.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NuOTkrEVeb4&feature=related Love the solo when it turns to 3/4 time. Just nobody out there soloing over a "waltz"
    Last edited by pditty; 03-03-2008 at 04:10 PM.
    Pditty

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any Peart fans out there?

better question: are there any people that aren't peart fans?

ThePloughman Guest

Enough I was listening to Rush before Moving Pictures.

And theres the Neil Peart plays Zildjian Cymbals banner on me drumroom wall.

User Info Menu

Neil who?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by coke_can View Post
    better question: are there any people that aren't peart fans?
    Just some bass players that wish they were drummers.
    "There's a woman in the United States who predicted the plane we were traveling on would crash. Now, a lot of people would like to think we were scared into saying a prayer. What we did actually--we drank."
    - Ringo Starr, 1966

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Neil who?
    LOL
    Pditty

User Info Menu

lol drummer :P

Good ol kev got me into the pert.... i believe drum chick is a big fan too.... and his glutimous maximus lol *refers to other thread*
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

Me me me! I got his DVD Anatomy of a Drum solo...its beautiful.
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

After listening to "Der Trommler," how could anyone not look up to Neil Peart? And knowing what has happened in his personal life, I have even more respect for the man as a person!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I can't tell you all how much he has inspired me. Neil was the first drummer that I really got into, after I saw the video 'A show of hands.' His drum parts are so complicated and he puts so much in each and every rush song.

It bugs me when I hear or read how some say how they don't like the new rush music. How can you not like those lyrics on the 'ROLL THE BONES' album. I guess their not true rush fans.

User Info Menu

Ahh yes Neil Peart, my biggest drumming influence, fer sure. I will admit, I was only a rabid fan up to Moving Pictures though. I bought "Signals", and it was a signal for me to move on. I found the keyboard leanings were becoming too strong, and they were straying away from what the band was for so many albums before, and that was, a straight up loud rock and roll band playing in some wild timings.
    I've seen people here slag Neil for overplaying etc.. and... well maybe he did, or does on those 10 or so albums I haven't listened to, but between Fly by Night and Moving Pictures, he was just so musical. Listen to All the World's a Stage, their first double live album, it is just so darned awesome!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkyruss View Post
    Ahh yes Neil Peart, my biggest drumming influence, fer sure. I will admit, I was only a rabid fan up to Moving Pictures though. I bought "Signals", and it was a signal for me to move on. I found the keyboard leanings were becoming too strong, and they were straying away from what the band was for so many albums before, and that was, a straight up loud rock and roll band playing in some wild timings.
    I've seen people here slag Neil for overplaying etc.. and... well maybe he did, or does on those 10 or so albums I haven't listened to, but between Fly by Night and Moving Pictures, he was just so musical. Listen to All the World's a Stage, their first double live album, it is just so darned awesome!
    You've missed out on some GREAT writing and playing over the years. Times change and they are as relevant now as they ever have been. The 80's were the decade of the synth, but things cycle and RUSH is no different.

From Snakes & Arrows...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9uNxUI9ng"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9uNxUI9ng[/ame]

...and this is just one of the craziest things I've ever seen...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XsYuHbXZUk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XsYuHbXZUk[/ame]

User Info Menu

First of all, that is one talented kid, and I bet her parents, or father at least, are Rush fans. What kid would take the time to learn all those parts. The bass line footwork was amazingly impresive.

As for Neil Peart...when John bonham died, I was 12 and badly in need of a new mentor/drumming idol. My brother handed me 2112 and said, "This changes everything!"
    No one had approached drumming in quite the way he did (and still does). His precision and imagination were more inspiring than anything alse I had heard.
    He is still one of the best soloists to ever pick up the sticks. The way he arranges his solos is brilliant with the chops to match.
    Took my boys (9 and 11) to see them. Amazing show.
    Long live Neil Peart. Long live Rush.
    So, yeah, you could say I'm a Peart fan, I guess.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

I have tons of respect for the guy, but the thing that kept me from being a huge Rush fan is the same thing that makes Zeppelin unlistenable to me - the vocals...but hes one of the greats, undeniably.

User Info Menu

When I was a wee boy, I heard about this band from Canada. They made a record called Fly By Night. From then on I've been hooked and have been following them my entire life. I've seen them in concert every time they came to town, as well as going out of state to catch them again on the same tour. I've taken both my boys to see them when they became old enough. My youngest has seen them twice already and he's just turned 17. Everyone that enjoys music has a person or group that they identified with and/or idolized when they were young and growing up. Neil Peart and Rush was mine. He was the reason that I got into drumming more than anything else. So yeah, he is and will ever be my favorite. There are a lot of awesome drummers out there, but he will always be my favorite for both his prowess in his profession, being a fine human being, and what he has meant to me.
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

And let us not forget he is responsible for the awesome lyrics as well.
    An intelligent/intellectual drummer...breaks the stereotype.
    Proudly playing:
    Doc Sweeney Drums
    A bunch of snares
    A bunch of cymbals

Off-Set double pedals

I think I love to play the drums simply because you get to hit 'em!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G View Post
    So, yeah, you could say I'm a Peart fan, I guess.
    It really doesn't show much Johnny.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

Larrysperf Guest

I liked him best when he played Ludwigs lol, but yes I am a fan

User Info Menu

I liked Him much better before all the fame
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!