Thread: Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Pedal P2002B?

User Info Menu

Default Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Pedal P2002B?

Does anyone with large feet have these pedals? If so, how do you like them?

I've cancelled my order for my Axis Longboards - they were taking forever to get here. I'm using a Gibraltar 9611SD single pedal now - it's adequate for now. I also have a Pearl H-2000 hatstand and it's great.

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gary

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Pedal P2002B?

I heard so many comments that eveyone who owning it was very satisfied....

I also have P122 Pearl Double Kicks....Its quality below the eliminator...But it was cool though....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

I have used it for the last year.

I think it is great - but I have average size feet.
    I have found ( for me ) that it works best with the RED Cam and I also changed it from the chain drive to the blue belts and found it operated smoother ( maybe thats in the mind ! ? )

It seems to be a nice smooth pedal , but bear in mind I stepped up from a 2nd hand $50.00 special to this Pearl Eliminator so anything would have been better than what I had.

My ONLY issue is that it tends to get 'tight' towards the end of the stroke, I have tried many adjustments to lighten it up and then it became too light ( not enough strength in its own backstroke - make sense? )

But AGAIN, that is all probably me and my lack of knowledge , the perfect setting is probably half a screw turn away !!

I plan to try a DW5002 at my next visit to my drum store , simply to see if there is any difference in that end of stroke issue that I have.

' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Good advice Watto. You really do need to try before you buy. If your interested in the larger manufactures most drum shops will have a bunch that you can try before you buy. Ellis drums in St Paul MN will let you play a large variety of pedals. Even the same manufacturer and model but one strap and one chain. If you can find that type of shop your odds of getting something you will be happy with will significantly increase. Esp with your large feet needs. I tried a Pearl Powershifter Eliminator when I was shopping. Fine pedal I had no issues with it except the Tama Iron cobra felt more comfortable to me. I went in planning to buy a DW 5000 chain drive and left with a Tama Iron Cobra Strap. go figure. In past years I have been luke warm about Tama as a manufacturer so the whole experience was eye opening.
    Pditty

User Info Menu

I have the P-2002C (chain drive) eliminater set and I am pretty satisfied with it. I wear size 12 shoes, so my feet are a little above average. I prefer the red cam with the foot plate adjusted all the way to the back. It just felt like I had more control over the attack with it adjusted that way. I don't play super fast bass drum rolls, but this pedal is as smooth as butter no matter what I put it through.

The one issue that I have with this pedal is that the set screws on the U-joint ends of the connecting shaft have a tendancy to strip very easily if you are not careful.

I would definetly go to a shop and play one before you plop down $300 on it. If you are using the heel-toe method with a larger foot, you might prefer the Iron Cobra or the Axis pedals.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum View Post

The one issue that I have with this pedal is that the set screws on the U-joint ends of the connecting shaft have a tendancy to strip very easily if you are not careful.
    Dude I have the same issue with my Iron Cobra!
    Pditty

User Info Menu

i know people that swear by em. but i just didnt like the eliminator kick pedals and hi hat stands i have played.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum View Post
    Good tip! I'll be careful and watch for that.

It does look like I will be going with the 2002b and I will be ordering the chain set as well. I like that option of changing out the strap/chain if and when you want to. The little "grippy-thingies" on the footboard is a nice touch as well. They're on my H-2000 and it feels alright.
    THE GRIPPIE-THINGIES on my H-2000
    Gary

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Pedal P2002B & C?

Anyone know where I can order this double pedal with both chain and belt drives (2002b & c)?

So I can switch them out for one another.

After all that's one of the great features of the pedal - "you can switch the chain/belt with a drum key and a screwdriver" - right?

OR

Does anyone know where I can order these on-line?
    Gary

User Info Menu

Hey Kona,

My Eliminator 2002 came with chains.
    I just bought the blue straps off the shelf at my drum shop.
    I think they were 30 Aussie bucks
    Tried ya local???

Wotto
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
    Hey Kona,

My Eliminator 2002 came with chains.
    I just bought the blue straps off the shelf at my drum shop.
    I think they were 30 Aussie bucks
    Tried ya local???

Wotto

ya - thanks mate!

I found them at Drum World on-line drum store........
    www.drumworld.com
    Gary

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl Powershifter - changed my mind today!

I've totally changed my mind here from Pearl pedals to Gibraltar:

Today I ordered Gibraltar 9611sd-db pedals from Sam Ash via Amazon.

My reasoning is I've been using a Gibraltar 9611sd single pedal and even though it's a little small for my foot it seems to respond well and I'm adapting. I tried the Pearl, Sonar, Taye, DW and Tama double pedals and they weren't any better that I could tell in the short period of trials the last few days. I thought, all these pedals are a little small (the footboards) and, with my size 15's I'm going to have to adapt with anything I end up with.

I'm happy with my choice and am looking forward to my new pedals.

Cheers,

Kona
    Gary