Thread: Possible joining of band.

User Info Menu

Default Possible joining of band.

So I finally founda good band looking for a drummer. Anyone have any last minute advice before I go to practice with them. Behavior is not a big deal but any drumming tips to help me do well. This is a metal band by the way.Thanks

Shazane Guest

Default Re: Possible joining of band.

What kind of metal? thrash metal and power metal may have every difference imaginable when it comes to drumming, and if it's doom metal I probably shouldn't give you advice for technical death metal.

User Info Menu

Good luck with the band. Be sure not to over-play and use excessive double bass
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

HOLA como estas TYLERDRUMS *CRATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRMMER (CAT) FIRST ,I hope that you did A little HOME WorK (reguarding THEIR*STYLE* THIER SOUND *THEIR TUNES) but lets just say ,that your going FRESH ,JUSt be VERY VERY AWARE of the timeing (THE -BEAT-SPEADY PLUSE) the Breaks ,THE phraseing *the DYNAMICS *STRUCTURE of each
    COMPOSITION (SONG-TUNE) tempo' DO NOT RUSH *& *JUST play(PERFORM) from your DEEP CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTISTRY of Your OWN- UNIQUE STYLE *MAKE sure too COMPLIMENT the GROUP as ,A,Complete UNIT*& you will do GREAT *COMPLIMENT the other ARTISTIC ARTIST **& just be CREATIVE**&VERY AWARE *FOCUS**
    GRACIAS' I hope that this HELPS you ...

User Info Menu

Nice advice STICKS....

Since your band is Metal genre, Double pedal will help you much....

And Do not play your drums when other members was talking about something (e.g: when the guitarist need to told the bassist how to play the chords)....
    Its annoyed them....
    I have scolded by my guitarist because of this....
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

Good advice Totti, nothing drives band member more crazy than drummers who play between songs when the are trying to discuss chord structure or are trying to tune.

User Info Menu

Thanks guys it went well, and I'm in the band. I will give you guys a link to our site when I get the songs down.

User Info Menu

Hola como estas TylerDrums CREATIVE ARTISTIC ARTIST DRUMMER CAT*THATS FANTASTIC that it work out for you GRACIAS

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Possible joining of band.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDrums View Post
    Thanks guys it went well, and I'm in the band. I will give you guys a link to our site when I get the songs down.
    Welcome to DrumChat, TylerDrums--and glad to hear you're in the band!

Good luck, bro'!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. It would be great if anyone had some cool beats for that kind of music..tabs or sheet music would be awesome thanks. Oh one more thing, I will be getting a china cymbal soon and need to know a really good one that is not really expensive right now i have a ziljian zht 20" rock ride and 14" zilijan avedevis crash and some weird splash and sabian hi hats.. so any recommendation on chinas would be good i think 18" inch would be a good siz is that pretty close?

User Info Menu

TD, I have an 18" Wuhan China, and I gives me a nice trashy "gong" sound. When it comes to chinas, I'm definately a Wuhan fan.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

welcome man, good to hear ya got the gig. an 18" china would be a good addition. thats a good universal size. if this is your first band, i suggest you start out with good habbits that will stay with you through your musical journey or career. band etiquite is very important and will help you keep gigs.

User Info Menu

Any body know if a zilijan zxt china is good for a nice metal breakdowns. (ithink thats what the chymbal is called...?)

User Info Menu

yeah everyone uses 18 inches..... i havent actually seen/heard any other sizes.
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters

User Info Menu

What are some good chinas in a 18" size. I will use them strictly for breakdowns. Cheers