Thread: Yamaha DTXPress IV

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha DTXPress IV

Hello DC. I'll be short and to the point. I'm not new to music. I've been around the block a bit. I have little live gig experience, but I've played regularly with a few groups in practices and have been jamming at home for eternity (I'm 22; eternity is about a decade in this case). I'll be purchasing my first kit of my own at the end of the month for my birthday. Due to my situation (apartment, possible store or pizzeria going in below soon, 4 yo nephew living with me), I'll be taking the electronic route. I hope to make it out to the store this week to play a few kits.

In the meantime, after extensive research, I've pretty much made the decision to go with a Yamaha. The DTXPlorer is too basic, and I feel I'd be cutting myself short. The full package minus bass pedal is about $700. The DTXPress IV has a much more impressive module and dual-zone pads, retailing for around $1100 (again, no bass pedal). The DTXPress IV Special is what I believe I'll be going for. For $1500, you get the DTX IV Module, 3 single-zone toms, 3-zone snare w/controller knob, 2 3-zone cymbals, a single zone cymbal, stereo hi-hat (not pad, realistic hi-hat pad), hi-hat stand and pedal, mounting rack, and then all the features of the DTX IV module (which I won't list).

Sorry for such a long post. I suppose the real nitty gritty is this: Does anybody here have experience with the DTXPress line? Any feedback would be appreciated. Even though I plan to go play each kit in the lineup, it's always nice to get outside input, also. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTXPress IV

DON'T BUY THE YAMAHA !!!!! You WILL regret it ! Go roland I can give you 2 places that sell the TD6SXT mesh head kit "right" and now they have a New TD-9 i have not had a chance to check it out and it may be the way to go. Let me know if you are interested.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTXPress IV

I'm all for this opinion, but can you at least mention why I'll regret the Yamaha purchase? The IV Special Pad set seems pretty advanced and from all the videos I've seen, it shouldn't have a problem holding up and recording in my room. Is it durability? Lag? Poor mount? What's the bad part?