Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agazarian cymbals.

User Info Menu

Default Agazarian cymbals.

I recently got an Agazarian cymbal as a part of promotion by Guitar Center, where you buy 10 pairs of sticks and get a free splash. The cymbal is not too bad, but I didn't think that I was going to get the greatest thing in the world since it was free. Any opinions on Agazarian cymbals?
    It's a classic.

• How many drummers does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Five: One to screw the bulb in, and four to talk about how much better
    Neil Peart could have done it.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Agazarian cymbals.

Never heard of them!

User Info Menu

Well, if you need an affordable accent cymbal, splashes and small chinas, this brand is good for that, they're kind of like Wuhan.
    It's a classic.

User Info Menu

I heard a rumor that GC isn't going to cary Wuhan anymore. It could be the reason for the promotion, if this is the line that would replace it (assuming the rumor is true).
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I hope they're still carrying Wuhan because my sister is getting one for me for me to pick up this weekend. Were did you hear the rumor?
    It's a classic.

User Info Menu

I heard it at a GC. We'll see. I'd hate to see the Wuhans go.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jd09 View Post
    I recently got an Agazarian cymbal as a part of promotion by Guitar Center, where you buy 10 pairs of sticks and get a free splash. The cymbal is not too bad, but I didn't think that I was going to get the greatest thing in the world since it was free. Any opinions on Agazarian cymbals?
    I have a 12" splash that is fabulous! It mixes nicely with my array of Zildjians!
    Really nice mix with my 10" K splash!!
    They are alot like Wuhans in that you need to go through a stack of them before you find the "one" Trashy splashy... very cool sounding!

User Info Menu

these things blow. i had a 12" mini china. worst cymbal ever

User Info Menu

I wasn't too fond on the sound of the chinas myself. The splashes didn't sound all that bad though in my opinion, maybe I'll get that 10 pair of sticks just for a deal.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jd09 View Post
    I've never heard of them either. I'd be willing to bet that GC made a deal with a Chinese company to develop that line of cymbals strictly for them. This way they can bypass US distributors and make more money. Gotta say, I really am getting sick of cheap, poorly-made Chinese goods though.

User Info Menu

Hey PB, the rumor is true. I talked to the guys at Guitar Center and Wuhans are no longer being carried.
    It's a classic.

User Info Menu

It's all about corporate profit margins.

User Info Menu

that really sucks

User Info Menu

Somebody please start a thread about cheap crappy Chinese merchandise. I really gotta vent!

all the best..

User Info Menu

How much for the 10 pairs of sicks?. What kind?

User Info Menu

Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

I just bought the 10in splash 2day. The guy at GC said the 'Agazarian' is wuhan. Maybe sum1 else bought the wuhan company and changed the name who knows. Sound good. Although im kinda bummed, all my other accent cymbals have the traditional finish rather than the brilliant. Ya think a little sand papering would take the brilliant finish off?
    CB drums-blue
    22X16 bass
    14in snare
    12, 13, 16, 16 in toms
    Remo emperor coated drum heads

Zildjian
    ZBT 14in hihats
    Z custom 16 & 18 in crashes
    A Custom Ping ride 22in

Wuhan
    18 in china
    10 in splash

CB drums 16in thin crash, & 13in thin splash

Yamaha lefty double bass pedal

Zildjian 5A sticks

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Keebaeklim! And I wouldn't worry to much about the brilliant finish. It will go away with time.

User Info Menu

It's true, Agazarian is Wuhan. A bunch of reliable employees at GC have told me. I bought the 10" splash today, I love it. It sounds like a mix between a splash and a china.

User Info Menu

I just got an 8" Splash for $25.00 and I love it. They had 2 of them, I played both, and chose the brighter sounding one. I'm pretty pleased. At 25.00, it's like a "play and throw away" kinda thing. It also is definitely a play before you buy thing too, because they certainly are not all the same.
    Yamaha DTXplorer.
    YAMAHA-VIC FIRTH-AGAZARIAN-SOUND PERCUSSION

User Info Menu

I have a 16" China and it sounds terrible. Serves me right for buying a cymbal without hearing it first. :(
    ~~Zildjian League~~

User Info Menu

I have 8" & 10" splash cymbals with the rest of my A. Zildjians, and they sound fantastic. Very affordable, and they work well with any setting.

User Info Menu

As already stated, these are pretty much the same as Wuhan's. Thus, some of them will sound pretty good, while others will sound pretty bad. Definitely the trashiest splash I've heard though.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

What I've been hearing is that the Chinese cymbal makers (like Wuhan, Dream) learned the techniques of the Turkish guys; and they are trying to make cheaper 'Chinese' Turkish-style cymbals. Similarly there seem to be a ton of new Turkish cymbal makers - Soultone, Saluda, Turkish, TRX, .... I don't know what is driving that trend, although my guess is that Istanbul and Bosphorus are getting so popular/in-demand that former cymbalsmiths at the major manufacturers are breaking off to start on their own.

Anyone know anything about these new cymbal brands?
    myspace.com/reversegravitymusic
    myspace.com/manahumana
    myspace.com/musashi trio (no space between words... site thinks its an expletive.)
    myspace.com/yeahmanrocks
    myspace.com/tangfunksf
    myspace.com/thelatrellsband

User Info Menu

I think that cymbal making as well as drum making is much easier to do now. The tools are cheaper and the internet allows for such an exchange of ideas that people learn how to do it. As far as the turkish brands go I think they are trying to carry on a tradition. Saluda is a custom cymbal maker, that's why they do what they do. I like it though a lot of cool new ideas are coming out, and it keeps the big guys on their toes.