Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agazarian cymbals.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Agazarian cymbals.

I was just down at GC and I saw an Agazarian 16" crash set up and I must say I was very impressed. It was sold in a package with a pair of 13" hats (that were not too impressive) For $60. At that price you really can't go wrong, the sound of this thing was infinitely better that the budget line cymbals from the "BIG 3". I have played since -77 and this is a cymbal I would not be ashamed to play at a gig!

User Info Menu

Welcome to Drum Chat Lingontega, and thanks for the input. I honestly didn't know that Agazarian made crashes, because I've only seen their chinas/
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

While I wouldn't make they types of cymbals my main cymbals, as far as accent cymbals go you can't go wrong with them. Chinas are suppose to sound trashy, and splashes are quick little accents, so why spend more for accent cymbals. I've been contemplating buying a few to make stacks out of.

User Info Menu

There is a Chinese company called arborea, they have a lot of product lines and they look good.
    The one i got by mistake sounded like a trash can lid.
    I know for a fact, they are popular in the Philippines because you can get a complete set for under a hundred bucks. And they do compare a couple lines to zildjian A and K models, but a $20 Chinese cymbal isn't possible to be on the same level as a $300 Zildjian or Paiste. But in the Philippines, they just can't afford the good quality and get what they can afford regardless of the sound, as long as it looks like a cymbal.
    The cymbals are the most important part of the drum set, and you should try to get the best cymbals you possibly can.
    You can make cheap drums sound better, but you can't make cheap cymbals sound better.