Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my new Pearl VBX kit and Zildjians

User Info Menu

Default Re: my new Pearl VBX kit and Zildjians

hey HB, you are on the pearl forums too right?

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    hey HB, you are on the pearl forums too right?
    yup..pearlygates..

User Info Menu

Welcome HB, that is a nice kit!

User Info Menu

HBdrummer Guest

Thanks everyone! I had it out on a gig last night with the rack and new Zildjians for the first time. I have a really small car so it has (the rack) to be broken down completely. It was alittle confusing to put together at first, but once I had it, everything worked flawlessly! The new cymbals are also AMAZING! Thanks for all your kind comments!

User Info Menu

racks are great, but not if you have to do a full setup and teardown every time. thats a pain. i break mine into 3 pieces and just turn all the mounts and booms inward to move mine. all i have to do to setup is attach the sides to the center and flip out the attatchments, and everything is exact every time. if i am going out of town and use my hatchback (my van is kinda hurtin'), i just go with a regular stands setup since there is no room.

HBdrummer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    racks are great, but not if you have to do a full setup and teardown every time. thats a pain. i break mine into 3 pieces and just turn all the mounts and booms inward to move mine. all i have to do to setup is attach the sides to the center and flip out the attatchments, and everything is exact every time. if i am going out of town and use my hatchback (my van is kinda hurtin'), i just go with a regular stands setup since there is no room.
    Yeah man! I move all my stuff to gigs in my '93 Toyota Paseo!! Talk about NO ROOM!!!? I break the rack down into sections and have the ends color coded so set up ia a little easier!?! I got the the point where I wanted stuff set the exact same every time..hence the rack system. Gotta look for a station wagon or van but gas in my area is going on $4/gallon!

User Info Menu

my v6 safari van isnt too bad on gas and a 4cyl. mini van would prolly do even better.

User Info Menu

You should sell those and Go with Gretsch! HUH..?? Whats that??..You did?? ...cool

Larrysperf Guest

? is does the ferrot like them

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HBdrummer View Post
    The wife has really been behind me on all this..heck..she sets up and breaks down my kit at events..
    Hey....

could you get your wife to talk to my girlfriend about this.....
    I've tried, and tried...but failed....LOL

cool kit.
    Jackstraw
    DW Collectors Series

User Info Menu

Nice !

I played a set of these Vision VBX the other day and was VERY VERY impressed.....sooooooo 'punchy' and deep. Sounded really solid.
    ' Up the Irons '